Gregtech & the omniwrench

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Should greg allow the omniwrench to be used on his machines?

• Total voters

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
True, true. I do suppose the durability system has some merit. Even steel handles can break. But minecraft's durability system is based on the head, not the handle, as sticks are clearly indestructible :p

Meh.
well with 1.5.2 and tinkers construct, that's no longer the case ;)

Reactions: Jess887cp

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
well with 1.5.2 and tinkers construct, that's no longer the case ;)

Ah...I really need to start using tinkers construct. It looks fun from your let's play. Quick question; what is the base metal that is equal to diamond? Can mine obsidian, for example.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Ah...I really need to start using tinkers construct. It looks fun from your let's play. Quick question; what is the base metal that is equal to diamond? Can mine obsidian, for example.
You make any base material mine diamond if you add a diamond modifier, the question is if it's worth it.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
or if you don't want to waste a diamond; steel and also alumite are easily obtainable and can mine obsidian (alumite requires obsidian though, so either minium stone or wand of equal trade or IC2 cell recipe will be needed)

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
or if you don't want to waste a diamond; steel and also alumite are easily obtainable and can mine obsidian (alumite requires obsidian though, so either minium stone or wand of equal trade or IC2 cell recipe will be needed)

I'll probably use an igneous extruder when I get there, wood's far too valuable :D

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
I lack a tree farm, so I'm always out of that darn stuff.
You can build a slow one right from the get-go. Planter+harvester, one relay some tubes, two hobbist steam engines, one powered furnace, one AA, one of those tubes with an iron choker and four barrels.

You just have to leave it chug along quietly. Build the farm above your chunkloaded dirt hole workplace and you'll have more wood overnight than you'll know what to do with :).

Build up a supply and a get some fire charges, you can build LP boilers very early on and you'll be well into mid-game before you can even start pumping lava.

All of this with an hours worth of work :D. (if you have at least some of the per-requisite machines and materials)

Reactions: RedBoss