gregtech pump

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

mattyboy12

Jul 29, 2019
how do i use gregtechs pump ive been trying for a while in creative and cant get it to work any help?

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
it's basically the IC2 miner. it requires those mining pipes, like the IC2 miner. but since it has no interface, you need to put them into it through the top of the block. I don't know, maybe clicking on it with a pipe, or sending it in through buildcraft item pipes...

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Now it has a GUI, just put mining pipes inside it. and you need to pump the liquid out of it (as in you need to wrench the liquiduct and put a lever next to it), the thing can receive up to 128 eu/p.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Now it has a GUI, just put mining pipes inside it. and you need to pump the liquid out of it (as in you need to wrench the liquiduct and put a lever next to it), the thing can receive up to 128 eu/p.
Only cause it is a GT machine it's Need 128eu/t or it'll drain your power line as any other GT machine not getting the right amount of power per tick. Two separate ducts will empty the pump then some room in the pipeline.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Only cause it is a GT machine it's Need 128eu/t or it'll drain your power line as any other GT machine not getting the right amount of power per tick. Two separate ducts will empty the pump then some room in the pipeline.

No, it doesn't need constant 128 eu/p to pump anything, it only can accept up to 128 eu/p; so for example you can put a MFE next to it without exploding it.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
So how much power does it actually use per tick? Since if you put in less than the machine use then the machine will run your power grid dry.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
The energy requirement does not apply to all of his machines so your safe to give the pump less. In fact it should only need lv a min.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Oh didn't know all of his machines can take in less than what they can use at most because every machine I know of have to get their correct amount of power. (everybody know you gotta feed the Blast Furnace 128 eu/t and can't take less for slower speed) So any other machines can run on less power without draining your powerlines?

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
Oh didn't know all of his machines can take in less than what they can use at most because every machine I know of have to get their correct amount of power. (everybody know you gotta feed the Blast Furnace 128 eu/t and can't take less for slower speed) So any other machines can run on less power without draining your powerlines?
Depends on the machine. Most need 128eu/t, however, but can accept any packet size, and will not take any above that amount.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019

No, not all his machine only this one specifically, and for the rest of the machines, it's not draining power lines anymore, it will only reset the bar and stop there.