Gregtech on Normal?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jassie

Jul 29, 2019
I really enjoyed the 1.4.2 Beta Modpack(sorry if that's not the exact name) and I enjoyed Gregtech on that. But now I really want to play the MindCrack version but I don't want Gregtech on Hard.

I heard you can put it on normal by editing the config file. But the problem is I don't understand what to change exactly. When I open the config on WordPad(accidentally set all files of that type to open with WordPad and can't change it to Notepad) it's just a jumbled mess of stuff I don't understand. It's not like any other config file I've ever changed.

If anyone can edit it for me and upload it(Like to Pastebin or whatever that site is) or already has theirs edited for Gregtech on Normal can they please share it? Really wanting to start playing again but I simply don't want to put in all the time it would take to make anything with it on Hard.

Also I wouldn't imagine sharing a config file would be against the rules. But if it is very sorry. Guess I'll delete it. Or maybe a mod would before I got a chance :/

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Well I would suggest going here http://gregtech-addon.wikispaces.com/GregTech.cfg it gives a fairly good break down of the parts of the config. Other then that 5 minutes on google for "Gregtech Config Easy" should bring up a few places were you can just down load a premade config.

Honestly I would suggest the wiki myself you might learn something and then you can tweek to just how you like.

Vovk

Jul 29, 2019
Warning - if you use wordpad, it will put in a host of markup language garbage that might break parts of the config file. Oddly enough notepad also has this issue. Use gvim or notepad++ to edit config files in windows.

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
Warning - if you use wordpad, it will put in a host of markup language garbage that might break parts of the config file. Oddly enough notepad also has this issue. Use gvim or notepad++ to edit config files in windows.
I've never installed either of those and I've never had problems editing config files... Though I guess it's better to be safe than sorry.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
config/GregTech/Recipes.cfg
-> Change everything in "storageblockcrafting" and "storageblockreversecrafting" to true
-> In "ic2recipes" change MassFabricator to true if you want to play on may-as-well-be-creative mode.
-> In "usefulrecipes" change the "Expensive..." config options to false.

config/GregTech/GregTech.cfg
-> In "features", change "ForestryBronzeNerf" to false

That's the whole sum difference between "Hard" and "Have a mass fab up and running in under 4 hours playtime"

Jassie

Jul 29, 2019
config/GregTech/Recipes.cfg
-> Change everything in "storageblockcrafting" and "storageblockreversecrafting" to true
-> In "ic2recipes" change MassFabricator to true if you want to play on may-as-well-be-creative mode.
-> In "usefulrecipes" change the "Expensive..." config options to false.

config/GregTech/GregTech.cfg
-> In "features", change "ForestryBronzeNerf" to false

That's the whole sum difference between "Hard" and "Have a mass fab up and running in under 4 hours playtime"
Thank you.

Never had a Mass Fabricator though. As far as I've gotten was upgrading from Water Mills to Solar Panels and I only had like 5 and one advanced. And even that took more than a few days worth of playing.

I really only play MineCraft when I listen to podcasts. So I don't really play that much anyway. If I keep it on Hard I might as well be playing Vanilla cause I'll never get any machines up and running.

On the other hand though I don't want Gregtech on Easy(If it actually has Easy mode settings) because I still want things to be relatively challenging.

Jassie

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for double posting. But I can't figure this out o.o

http://gyazo.com/c7844ad1f99c1a6989b5cf89593a769c

That's what I see in Notepad++. I thought at first it was because I had opened the config file in WordPad first. So I deleted the entire MindCrack folder and let the launcher redownload it. Then I drug it to my desktop before opening it this time. And it still looked like that. Tried it a third time as well just to be sure.

This is becoming a huge pain :[

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for double posting. But I can't figure this out o.o

http://gyazo.com/c7844ad1f99c1a6989b5cf89593a769c

That's what I see in Notepad++. I thought at first it was because I had opened the config file in WordPad first. So I deleted the entire MindCrack folder and let the launcher redownload it. Then I drug it to my desktop before opening it this time. And it still looked like that. Tried it a third time as well just to be sure.

This is becoming a huge pain :[

That's a java class file, you shouldn't be editing that.

The full path is <directory you have MindCrack pack installed>/minecraft/config/GregTech

Jassie

Jul 29, 2019
Oh. That explains a lot o.o I was just looking through things and found a file called Config o.o

Thank you xD