Gregtech needs to be harder? Hardcore gregtech settings? Wanted <3 :D?

Kaz!

Jul 29, 2019

My players eat up the game at an alarming rate, the game for them is far too easy they normally finish the game with me configuring it at the hardest settings in normally 2 weeks or less which is ridiculous.

Do you think gregtech is hard? Discussion wanted :D And does anyone know if there are ways to make gregtech harder? Because my players are demanding a map reset when they beat the game and i meant truly beat the game with all mods conquered.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
add a mod so everyone gets perm mining fatigue, hunger, weakness and random bouts of nausea (+ every other non damaging debuff)

Kaz!

Jul 29, 2019
How? That's my only question...
how what?

add a mod so everyone gets perm mining fatigue, hunger, weakness and random bouts of nausea (+ every other non damaging debuff)

That's amusing but im being serious lol i need more hardcore gregtech, my players are just ridiculous at playing this game >.> Even when i set it so that iridium is only found every 50 chunks. >.<

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
For starters, take a browse at Velotican's "Brutality Mode" config pack, found in this thread. Not to be confused with the Easy Mode also included in that thread, of course.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019

My players eat up the game at an alarming rate, the game for them is far too easy they normally finish the game with me configuring it at the hardest settings in normally 2 weeks or less which is ridiculous.

Do you think gregtech is hard? Discussion wanted :D And does anyone know if there are ways to make gregtech harder? Because my players are demanding a map reset when they beat the game and i meant truly beat the game with all mods conquered.

a way to make GregTech harder: disable RP2 gems with custom ore generation.

Reactions: ILoveGregTech

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
a way to make GregTech harder: disable RP2 gems with custom ore generation.
On top of that disable Augoueous Accmiators and infinite water file from Gregtech's modmaker that make infinite water springs not work so you'll have to make setups and pumping for just water.

AliveGhost

Jul 29, 2019
One thing. GregTech isn't hard, it's just tedious. The fact that all the materials needed are extremely expensive is the tedious part. By being hard, it makes it as if it is near to impossible to do, which it isn't. It just requires a lot of tedious, and boring but not hard work to get to the stage which would be simpler in the normal non-GT mode.

Reactions: RedBoss

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Non-GT IC2 is actually pretty boring..and I always reached the tedious part (waiting for mass fab to produce uum) in 1 week.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
#1 If 3 people play 20 hours a week, 7 days a week = 420 hours of game play. Times 2 = 840 hours played. 3 people properly dividing tasks in that time frame SHOULD get most of the stuff accomplished.

#2 there's a brutality mode that you can enable, but its been established that GRegtech isn't hard, its tedious and time consuming. the best way to beat it is with multiple people.

#3 How long does it take to have level 30 diamond enchanted armor, some large farms, an xp grinder & a wither star in vanilla? not long.

#4 ugh, more gregtech threads lol

there's a thread on reddit telling you how to get a self feeding fusion reactor on gregtech (obviously) in 1 week. So multiple people should definitely be able to do that.

MagusUnion

Jul 29, 2019
One thing. GregTech isn't hard, it's just tedious. The fact that all the materials needed are extremely expensive is the tedious part. By being hard, it makes it as if it is near to impossible to do, which it isn't. It just requires a lot of tedious, and boring but not hard work to get to the stage which would be simpler in the normal non-GT mode.

For those of us who are not made of time, tedious can equate to being hard. Plus, roaming the vast Minecraft landscape for materials relying on the RNG of resource distribution is not my idea of fun.

At best, it's better to jump straight into Thaumcraft and by-pass all of the tech at first, and then come back to it after you have a reliable Arcane Bore force feeding you materials in order to circumvent the insane costs. I bet if you disable Thaumcraft entirely, your server players will rage, and probably ask to lift the restrictions on them...

Unless they are comprised of madness and Chuck Norris's Beard, then they probably wouldn't care and still get to end-game tech in record time...

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
there's also factorisation+buildcraft making a shortcut in terms of ore doubling & automation allowing people to bypass IC2 for some time

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Yes, we are all aware of that opinion. But it's what the poster wants, so why try to derail the thread by effectively saying "your kind of fun is tedious"? Pure flame bait.

Reactions: Dravarden

AliveGhost

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not trying to derail it, just stating an opinion :p
For starters, take a browse at Velotican's "Brutality Mode" config pack, found in this thread. Not to be confused with the Easy Mode also included in that thread, of course.

I did use that ^ for a bit, took very long just to get to a basic stage with power and stuff xD Nice find Vauthil :D
It's probably what you need for your server players :)

atheneftw

Jul 29, 2019
The problem with gregtech, even on hardest mode, is that you can use thermal expansion machines which are 10 times cheaper, then just set up a quarry, and power it with BC power (which is also 10 times easier to aquire than gregtech's.)once they have 10 quarries running at the same time its not hard to progress in gregtech when you got all the resources in the world. i dont think there is a fix for this, you cant tweak BC power so unless you wanna disable half of the modpack u gotta deal with it
^
either that or your friends are duping :p