(GregTech) Fusion Reactor v2 / Self-sustaining fuel (HELP)

Exiled_Gamer

Jul 29, 2019
This thread concerns a specific way to automate fuel for the GregTech Fusion Reactor v2 using Deuterium and helium-3. I'm not looking for specifics on how much materials i will need to run in the necessary machines needed for the operation, but how many of each machine i will need. Here's my basic question: If i was to run a fusion reactor v2 on deuterium and helium-3, how many electrolyzers and industrial centrifuges would i need? Please specify how many centrifuges out of the total amount are going to be dedicated to helium-3 and deuterium.

~ Exiled_Gamer

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Well take the time it's take to make each of the cell and divide that until you get the right time for it's to run the reactor then however many times you divided by is how many machines you need (round up any decimals, it'll save you the headache later and quantum tank the excess produced). So deuterium is done in 150 seconds with one, so if you need one for every 20 seconds then you would need 7.5 centrifuges round this up and you'll need 8 of them, so that for one deuterium cell every 20 second times. (this is just an example so I'm sure you need one faster but idk) Btw a tick is 1/20 of a second.

Exiled_Gamer

Jul 29, 2019
I was hoping to get an exact answer instead of figuring it out for myself. Im not very good when it comes to the production of fuel when it is demanded at a certain time. Never the less needing machines to make the cells prior to production.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Ae got you covered at making the machine themselves and setup automation, figuring out on your own is quite annoying but often time it's can be maybe faster than waiting someone else to do it. Especially when you do that over time and you'll be more efficient at knowing how many of this and that.

Exiled_Gamer

Jul 29, 2019
I decides to figure it out with your help and some from the FTB wiki and concluded that to run a Fusion Reactor on Helium-3 and deuterium will require the following:

Helium-3: 30 centrifuges

Deuterium: 19 centrifuges

Hydrogen: 8 electrolyzers
4 aqueous accumulators