Gregtech Chemical Reactor question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Rakankrad

Jul 29, 2019
So, I used to have a Gas turbine working by combining 4 hydrogen and 1 carbon cell inside of a table to make methane, but in v7, greg changed the recipe to add the recipe in the chemical reactor. That reactor works on a 32 eu/t input maximum (so, batbox required).. To make methane, I need to supply it 128,000 EU but the batbox can only have 40,000 EU.. I just can't seem to be able to keep the batbox energy filled up enough to make it.. I've tried going from my mfsu -> mv -> lv transformers -> batbox but that still doesn't fill it quickly enough.. Does anyone have any tips on how I could get it working?

Plebbian

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried mfsu -> mv -> lv transformer -> chemical reactor? I just tried it in my test world and that works fine for me.

Rakankrad

Jul 29, 2019
I tried and it didn't seem to work :/ Oh well, I just ended up tearing up that part of my factory and just feeding the hydrogen cells in my turbine on it's own and use the carbon to make plates

Honza8D

Jul 29, 2019
is the chemical reactor close enough? if your using copper cables the chemical reactor should be about 3 blocks away max. Also it needs constant energy, so you have to either supply constant 32EU/t, or have enough EU stored in the MFSU. Try to start the reaction when you have at least 128 000 EU in MFSU. What is you energ source for the chemical reactor?

Rakankrad

Jul 29, 2019
My mfsu was full. I tried putting it without any cables, just straight on the transformers but that didn't work for me. When I had it straight on the batbox, it was running fine, but my batbox was emptying faster than it could get refilled. I also have way more energy than necessary going in (3 advanced solars, 2 semi-liquid generators, 3 thermal gens) afaik.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
A picture would help, because there is something really weird going on. As long as you're providing a steady 32EU/t or more to the batbox, there is no way it can discharge. A batbox should only ever output 32EU/t, no more.

jeff9219

Jul 29, 2019
a good try would be to upgrade the machine to HV with transformer upgrades, just supply two!