Gregtech Bauxite Ore

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Swi1ch

Jul 29, 2019
I can't find it at all. I have multiple huge X mines in Pine Forest, Lush Redwoods, Forest and Plains biomes, at levels 12, 20 and 40. All the other gregtech ores/blocks appear to be working fine.

I checked the config and Bauxite Ore is definitely set to generate, and I created a new world when I first installed FTB.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Should be fine in plains yeah, pretty sure it doesn't spawn in some biomes, such as oceans, but 99.9% sure you should have no trouble in a plains biome.

Swi1ch

Jul 29, 2019
I've mined extensively in most of those biomes and not found any so far. I would be ready to accept that perhaps i'm just missing it, but I heard it's supposed to be a very common ore?

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Best I can do is show you a pic of some, (f3 info shows I'm at level 14 in a woodlands biome):

baux.jpg

Swi1ch

Jul 29, 2019
I'm doing a new test. It involves cheating in a few hundred advanced solar panels and 50 or so quarries.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
You could use Forge Essentials (not part of the modpack) to cheat away all stone, dirt and gravel in an arbitrarily large area via admin commands, leaving just the ores for you to examine.