GregTech 3.0

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else excited to play/played with the new GregTech yet?
Fusion reactors changed, Overclockers changed, bug fixes, etc.
What's your favorite part about the new GregTech?
And see this is why I love Greg: he updates his mod so quickly

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I'm greatly annoyed, because I am hearing rumorings that he completely broke hybrid reactors.

Just when nuclear reactors finally became worth spending a thousand ingots again, and offered a really interesting automation challenge... sigh.

Greg himself said he wanted to buff reactors and make them worthwhile again. I'm not following his reasoning here at all, though. Hopefully he'll have a better mechanic in place when the mod comes out of its current beta phase.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
That is one good thing with Greg in that he updates his mod a lot but his update notes leave a lot to desire as unless you read his thread a lot you will not see them.

Looks like he added his own version of redstone logic to counter redpower's in his own way with it requiring EU. In other words if you use his timer it will drain 1 eu per pulse and can be set faster them redpower's as it does not have a light or sound update. Did not see the info on the fusion reactor changes or overclockers as it must be further back in the thread.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone else excited to play/played with the new GregTech yet?
What's your favorite part about the new GregTech?

The "tricoder", and the helium plasma.

He will probably buff the recipe of all dual and quad cells to require copper plate (1 copper ingot) instead of dense copper plate (8 copper ingots)..

QuantumPugilist

Jul 29, 2019
I'll be rather excited about the logic block, if its lag claims turn out to be true and it plays well with RP2 stuff. The huge number of timers I use tend to be mighty lag factories.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
I too like the looks of that timer.

I can't be sure, but I'm somewhat positive that a great deal of lag around my base is from the 8 billion timers I have doing shit.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Everything from 3/1/2013 2.80g and up will be added once FTB updates, which appears to be quite a lot.

Basically Greg has changed massive amounts of his mod to make things easier across the board once you have enough of his machines setup.

The wire mill makes wire cheaper, bender makes plates cheaper, assembler makes circuits cheaper, etc.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
He always has such a roundabout way of making things easier.

I'm going to run out of room in my base with all of these machines.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Remember that even though the timer itself doesn't cause any block updates, anything you connect to it very much does like it always did.

plzent3r

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have info on the way the new Fusion Reactor works? I don't want to build my first one now and then have it broken the next day because GT was updated...

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
That is one good thing with Greg in that he updates his mod a lot but his update notes leave a lot to desire as unless you read his thread a lot you will not see them.

Looks like he added his own version of redstone logic to counter redpower's in his own way with it requiring EU. In other words if you use his timer it will drain 1 eu per pulse and can be set faster them redpower's as it does not have a light or sound update. Did not see the info on the fusion reactor changes or overclockers as it must be further back in the thread.
1 Overclocker = double the speed, 4x the power

plzent3r

Jul 29, 2019
oh wow thats awesome. Do you know if the effects stack? Eg - 1 overclocker would double it, and then another would double the already doubled speed? Thus making it, quadruple speed?

Milaha

Jul 29, 2019
1 Overclocker = double the speed, 4x the power

Man, if you want a super-fast device for on demand crafting it is going to cost a boatload of power now. On the plus side every device should be able to get down to 1 tick per operation even under the smaller stack sizes.