Greg Tech Config File Help

lMonsterHD

Jul 29, 2019
So I want to install GregTech because I like the idea of having more end-game IC2 machines and things. The only thing is that I do not want the production of my bees to change (example: Diamond bees now produce tiny piles of dust rather than diamonds) Could someone please help me to find where in the config I can disable the changing of bee production? (I have already looked around and could not find an option to disable this)
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

*I hope this is an appropriate section for this post. I am new to the forums and unsure if this is the best place for this. If it is not I will take it down and post it in the right spot right away!

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, there's no config for that in GregTech, but I think it's like that because the author of XBee make it that way (correct me if I'm wrong), you can perhaps ask Binnie to include such option in XBee config.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
greg, making the config hard to understand so you won't be able to change it.

I just searched all the configs of gregtech and I could not find anything related to ''bee'' ''diamond'' or ''dust'' using ctrl + f.

EDIT: ninja'd

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
how? with killing creepers all day (grinding) to get ITNT to cablosion impresor them into industrial diamonds?
Since the guy has managed to get diamond bee, my suggestion is to use austere bees+alveary. I made stacks of gunpowders with that (without any frame housing), so don't need to worry about the frame housing bug. In fact with bees, uum is harder to get than anything else.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
But don't creepers spawn nearby even with high light levels? and anyway, you need 16 tiny piles to make 3 diamonds, the other one is a diamond 60% of the time (not 100% sure on that number)

EDIT: yep, is 25%

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
But don't creepers spawn nearby even with high light levels? and anyway, you need 16 tiny piles to make 3 diamonds, the other one is a diamond 60% of the time (not 100% sure on that number)

The other one is 25% all the time.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
and how much is tiny piles? 100?

Yep, just make the austere bee and you are fine with it, stacks and stacks of gunpowders with single alveary.

EDIT: to the OP: actually because you are playing GT for the IC2 stuff, you will need some ruby bees and to make ruby bee you need austere bee.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
well, lets say you have have 16 combs, that gives: 4 diamond dust, now, compress the dust, and you will have 3 diamonds only.

without the dust, and 25% a diamond, you will have 4 diamonds, if my math is correct.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Er, yes. but it's not GT change anyway..and you can get a lot of diamond dust from nikolite ore already.

lMonsterHD

Jul 29, 2019
well, lets say you have have 16 combs, that gives: 4 diamond dust, now, compress the dust, and you will have 3 diamonds only.

without the dust, and 25% a diamond, you will have 4 diamonds, if my math is correct.

I believe it's actually 15% instead of 25%... Now that I'm looking at the stats more I like GregTech changes. Mainly because there is more to do, and I find having many steps actually makes things more fun and satisfying!

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
I find having to do 10 steps for the sake of wasting time very tedious, thats how I roll.

Er, yes. but it's not GT change anyway..and you can get a lot of diamond dust from nikolite ore already.

what do you mean is not gregtech change? I don't have gregtech installed, and I get diamonds like I normally do.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
I find having to do 10 steps for the sake of wasting time very tedious, thats how I roll.

what do you mean is not gregtech change? I don't have gregtech installed, and I get diamonds like I normally do.

I meant it's like that because of the XBee author not Greg, as in the change is default because Binnie wants it that way. (well still.. correct me if someone know better lol).

It's not that tedious if you learn how to automate things.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
I have extrabees and I get diamonds from diamond combs...

Yes.. and? Binnie wanted it to produce tiny piles of diamond with GT installed, if there's no GT you would get diamond at lesser rate (if that 15% was correct). (again someone correct me if I'm wrong)