Great Ziggurat at Ur - Unfinished

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Vovk

Jul 29, 2019
skm4.png
r611.png
cz38.png

Latest project - still need to decorate the whole thing. A double scale model of the Ziggurat at Ur. Solid Sandstone, over 300,000 sandstone blocks. Plan is to put a temple decoration in the top, plants and such on the terraces, change the colours of all the bastions and dig a base deep into the center of it. All done in survival mode.

fun times :D

Ps2K

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, it looks nice! I've always wanted to build this as well.
It looks like you got the angles of the stairs pretty well!

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
That must have taken a hell of a long time. Are you actually going to use the building or is it just a monument?

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I could never build something so large. I build semi-large buildings and hook em up with roads. Nice work, though this would make more sense in the Community Showcase forum, but still. This is awesome.

Vovk

Jul 29, 2019
That must have taken a hell of a long time. Are you actually going to use the building or is it just a monument?

entire base is going in it - was one of the reasons I chose solid sandstone, so that I can hollow out exact rooms at different levels and so that my minimap would show perfect black through the walls.

It looks like you got the angles of the stairs pretty well!

lol, the actual angle of the building is some terrible thing that cannot be made with slabs and stairs (though now that I think about it, i might be able to use RP2 microblocks) I had to build at a slope of 1 near the top and finish off with a slope of 1/2 at the bottom. Though I kinda like the look of the bent stairs.

edit: gah, never flew around it while building. Stood on sandstone pillars to take screenshots. Noticing asymmetry and fixing it now :c