Graphical Glitch: FTB Ultimate Pack?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

keynah

Jul 29, 2019
I was trying to retrieve an Iron ingot out of my chest when I noticed the subtle change in the colors of certain blocks
such as Reenforced Machine Casing, Cinnabar Ore, and Ferrous Ore.
Information:
-Feed the Beast Ultimate Pack
-Default Minecraft Texture Pack
-Screenshots from Feed the Beast Minecraft 3/6/2013

-Most notable change is in the Cinnabar Ore, The red outline is slighty darker than the Blue-

*red* inventory with iron removed
*blue* inventory with Aluminum Ore removed

Comparison Image (Note, im not the best, fixed this in paint in like 5 minutes, sorry everyone with OCD)
UuXLMed.jpg

*Person1: You can't have two chests open at once?*
"Me: Its called paint, two different screenshots merged together for comparison"
Any spelling errors or misinformation, MY BAD! calm down!

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Well, first I can't notice a difference, but that's probably just me. Second, did you have Optifine installed in either case? I think some of its settings might cause minor differences like that.

EDIT: Oh, hello, offset! That doesn't look like Optifine.

EDIT 2: Ignore the offset, I was an idiot. That could be Optifine.

keynah

Jul 29, 2019
Note I do have optifine installed, maybe that could cause the issues? and really you don't notice the difference in the Cinnabar ore. The shading on the bottom left corner is darker in the red outline than the blue outline. Look closely.

Sort my chests? you should see my house then, I have a ton of stuff mismatching cramped into probably a 6x5x4 house? Its pretty bad!

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, it took me about 3 looks, but I eventually noticed the difference before reading your post. :p My guess is yes, Optifine. Though it shouldn't be that big a deal.

keynah

Jul 29, 2019
Its not really a huge deal, its more of just a What..? happened moment that i felt like sharing :p

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Sort my chests? you should see my house then, I have a ton of stuff mismatching cramped into probably a 6x5x4 house? Its pretty bad!

My gamerCD (the amount of people to claim to have OCD is ridiculous, you don't have it, you're just annoyed when things aren't neat, that ISN'T OCD!!! It shall be refered to as GamerCD![btw this wasn't aimed at you keynah])
is begging for me to kill you :)