Goofy discussion: Are Jackalopes coming to Modded MC?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
This is just a goofy idea I had before my first sip of coffee this morning...

Mojang has currently added rabbits to vanilla MC in the snapshots. Assuming they "make the cut" and are a thing in 1.8.x, will we see a mod that adds Jackalopes sometime thereafter?

This raised another question in my mind.

1). If we DO see Jackalopes should they be mobs or exclusive player appearance options?

I can see the latter if one has the 'Morph' and 'Hats' mods installed and kills a rabbit (for the skin) and has the option of a skin or an antler hat after killing a deer in the Twilight Forest.

Discuss, if you wish :D

Reactions: Wagon153 and Flipz

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
Well, considering they are a vicious breed of killer rabbits, I'd say a mob makes more sense. They should spawn in winter during lightning storms. Also they hunt in packs.

You can tame a jackalope by leaving a bottle of whiskey on the ground and waiting several seconds for one to come to it. Whiskey is a jackalope's primary source of sustenance, you know.

Jackalope milk is a panacea. and yeah, apparently you can milk the females.

This stuff is canon, btw. I wish I came up with this crap lol

Reactions: Wagon153

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
If they go and add more mobs, then I think they need to make sure that there is some purpose surrounded with them. Make then part of some resource gathering or something.

The Horses were a rather pointless addition in my book for example. After having tried riding them for a bit, I thought "this is too impractical for any proper use" and from then on never saw any use for them ever again.

Reactions: Bigpak

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
The Horses were a rather pointless addition in my book for example. After having tried riding them for a bit, I thought "this is too impractical for any proper use" and from then on never saw any use for them ever again.

Leather, if you can stand the sounds the damned things make when getting killed......

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
If they go and add more mobs, then I think they need to make sure that there is some purpose surrounded with them. Make then part of some resource gathering or something.

I like burning them in a smeltery. Does this make me a bad person? Glue factory!

Reactions: rhn

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

agreed. they should first make horses more useful before adding more mobs to the game
heck, I still don't even know what the purpose of pigs are

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
agreed. they should first make horses more useful before adding more mobs to the game
heck, I still don't even know what the purpose of pigs are
Pigs were the minecraft unique fun way of riding. After all, a saddle on a pig, along with a carrot on a stick. Makes perfect sense - right?
Then along came horses, and all those pigs were abandoned. I'd rather a pig breeding system was put in place, where eventually you breed a faster, healthier and better controlled pig. Who needs horses?

My experience of horses was, Woah, this thing is way too fast, uncontrollable and glitchy. Now I just treat them as scenery, if it's in the way, then chop it down.

Reactions: rhn

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Pigs were the minecraft unique fun way of riding. After all, a saddle on a pig, along with a carrot on a stick. Makes perfect sense - right?
Then along came horses, and all those pigs were abandoned. I'd rather a pig breeding system was put in place, where eventually you breed a faster, healthier and better controlled pig. Who needs horses?

My experience of horses was, Woah, this thing is way too fast, uncontrollable and glitchy. Now I just treat them as scenery, if it's in the way, then chop it down.

I always wanted a crafting recipe involving a saddle, a redstone torch and three blocks of TNT. Put your suicide saddle on a pig and hop on. Once the timer reaches 0 or you dismount or you come into contact with active redstone...BOOM!

But I was told my desire for explosive pork ordnance was misguided and silly and I should be ashamed of myself :sadface:

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I always wanted a crafting recipe involving a saddle, a redstone torch and three blocks of TNT. Put your suicide saddle on a pig and hop on. Once the timer reaches 0 or you dismount or you come into contact with active redstone...BOOM!

But I was told my desire for explosive pork ordnance was misguided and silly and I should be ashamed of myself :sadface:

Would be great if the exploding saddle resulted in a rain of hot links :D