Good vs. Evil

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
54 haven't got far yet. Just have a turtle with a ruby pickaxe and a harvester. I have yet to find diamonds or make any real machinery.

It is however nice, though there are some features that I miss. Like being able to drag in a crafting grid or pressing ctrl to sprint. But other than that, its nice.

I also already found where my base is going to go:
2020-01-12_19.50.13.png

2020-01-12_19.55.20.png

I hope to be able to move everything to my new starter home, make a few machines and start another turtle excavation. Hopefully get enough diamonds for a chunkloader + diamond pickaxe. Yes, I started a server for solo play. Makes it easy to switch from desktop/laptop and makes gregtech a bit easier to deal with :)

Reactions: LordPINE

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
54 haven't got far yet. Just have a turtle with a ruby pickaxe and a harvester. I have yet to find diamonds or make any real machinery.

It is however nice, though there are some features that I miss. Like being able to drag in a crafting grid or pressing ctrl to sprint. But other than that, its nice.

I also already found where my base is going to go:
2020-01-12_19.50.13.png

2020-01-12_19.55.20.png

I hope to be able to move everything to my new starter home, make a few machines and start another turtle excavation. Hopefully get enough diamonds for a chunkloader + diamond pickaxe. Yes, I started a server for solo play. Makes it easy to switch from desktop/laptop and makes gregtech a bit easier to deal with :)
53. Hang on, are you playing the original FTB Ultimate??

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
54 yes, yes I am.

The only other "ultimate" pack I know of is FTB Ultimate reloaded. Is there are third one I missed?

Edit: before the question comes up for why:

I wanted to be able to play on my laptop which only has 8 GB of RAM and AMD's version of integrated graphics, which means that even less than 8GB is actually useable. It does however contain an R7 which is good enough for modded minecraft.

Also, FTB Ultimate was my favourite pack and the one I managed to play the longest, so why not give it another go?

Last edited:
Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
53. Nah, I just assumed you'd meant the reloaded one! And I had no plans on asking why - there's nothing wrong with wanting to play older packs! :) I'm playing AgSkies2 at the mo, and I'd quite happily play the original as well.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
54 I made a pulverizer. WOOO!

Also, I found 3 cave spider spawners underneath my base that may very well be close enough to have them all active at once.

edit: So... it turns out that there are actually 4 spawners (But I think the fourth one can't be active at the same time as the other 3). Also, the volcano near my base that I thought was just a badly generated one is actually really wide and there is a village nearby my base.

However, so far I've been unable to find diamonds :(

Last edited:

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
55 It sounds as if you have a fairly good base location in that case, as physical proximity to diamond is less important than those other items.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
56 maybe, but some diamonds would be nice.

And with gregtech I can't even just turn coal into diamonds. I guess I could make some armor, go to the nether and try to find some that way? I only need 7 in order to make an turtle that will mine forever :)

Edit: I finally managed to find 11 diamonds. So, now I need a tree farm for charcoal, 3 ender chests and a storage system. After that, I can send a turtle on its way to mine until the end. I also need to find that old script I made to make that happen, and make sure it works with this version....

I think I posted it somewhere on this forum?

Last edited:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
56. Sounds like good progress Lens! :) I hope you find the script! Ooh there’s a thought: is bedrock a bit more smoky/dark in that version of MC?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Yaaay void fog! I miss void fog.

With regards to the number, I figured that whichever way Ducky went, doing the same thing as the one before them would work :) We're slightly out of whack, but I'll go with your 57 and carry on from there.

56. I got a wasjig through the post!

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
57 seems like I need to change the script and also make use of an extra ender chest. This means that the turtle also has 1 less slot available, thus technically making it slower as well.
On the bright side, I think I managed to get enough enderpearls to make everything, which was the only thing missing. Though, I may also need to improve the speed of my tree farm.