Good vs. Evil

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
62 gotta love a nice roguelike dungeon farm :)
2016-10-29_23.53.43.png
note, I just have 1 skeleton spawner hooked up, and this is relative early game.(have made ore doubling only just possible) Note that some skeletons are also wither skeletons and I can turn most of their armor into ingots. (only the gold and iron, if I get the needed resources I can turn the coal from the wither skeletons into diamonds)
Its on a 1.10 modpack.

I now just need a way to automatically kill them. and then a machine that sorts their drops and repairs the items before dropping it into the smeltery. (yes, I made a tico smeltery. Only mod that can turn the armor back to ingots sadly enough)

Also, the sword I use to kill them has mending, unbreaking 3, looting 3 and sharpness 3. And I gain more xp then my sword takes damage thus for as long as I don't lose it I won't need to replace it :)
(loosing it is relative easy though as infernal mobs is also in the pack)

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
59 apparently

also, does anyone know if the skeletons will need to be killed by hand for them to drop the equipment they spawned with? (spawned from a roguelike dungeon spawner) or can I use a simple piston to kill them and get the stuff?

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
58 No clue on that, never played with roguelike dungeons. Would you mind providing the mod list, as it sounds interesting and I've been meaning to try to get going on a 1.10 pack. Yours seems like as good a starting spot as any.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
59 pistons don't work :(
I haven't been able to find something else suitable thus I am kind of stuck, on the bright side
2016-10-30_12.50.12.png

(the server started yesterday btw)
Also, someone wanted a mod list?
Selectie_052.png

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
59 apparently

also, does anyone know if the skeletons will need to be killed by hand for them to drop the equipment they spawned with? (spawned from a roguelike dungeon spawner) or can I use a simple piston to kill them and get the stuff?
Mobs' armor, weapons, and whatnot are considered "rare drops" and will only drop if the mob is killed by a player. Protip, potions thrown by players also count as player kills, so if your automation can get the skellies down to 1 HP, you can throw an instant health potion to kill them all at once.

Also note that there are several mod blocks that can emulate player kills, ranging from ExtraUtils spikes to the MFR Grinder to some Thaumcraft golems. These are the same things that will give XP when they kill a mob, so if you're not sure where to look, that's a good place to start.

But no, your piston won't do it, unless you punch the skellies within a few seconds of their suffocation.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Also note that there are several mod blocks that can emulate player kills, ranging from ExtraUtils spikes to the MFR Grinder to some Thaumcraft golems. These are the same things that will give XP when they kill a mob, so if you're not sure where to look, that's a good place to start.

But no, your piston won't do it, unless you punch the skellies within a few seconds of their suffocation.

no extra utils, no mfr, no thaumcraft. Also no autonomous activator.

We do have enderIO but I rather not dig into enderIO just to make a killer joe

Oh, I also managed to make an knockback 10, smite 5 sword, which is probably gold equivalent in damage but doesn't seem to take damage. (well, after killing a huge amount of mobs it lost 6 durability)
It only costs 18 levels, a gold sword and a glowstone (the block, not the dust) also 2 coal and 6 lapis

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
62 well, I posted the mod list. For as far as I know, not really but I would love to be proven wrong :)