Good vs. Evil

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
2. Thanks Calculator, for a progression breaking bug in the 1.12 version which means the Conductor Mast doesn’t work...

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
And that’s a victory for evil! Seems appropriate. I’ve never had any issues with Twitch, but I know they’re commonplace for many folk.

As for my issue, looks like it’s been noted elsewhere, but not sure if it has on here so I’ll need to check that. Problem is, I was on SSP; we were hoping to put the pack on a multiplayer server, but that kind of bug might stymie the whole thing! :(

Aaaand...

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
52 working a bit on rp_tracker again.
Thinking about how to best make the client able to run the actions.

I guess the methods should be a POST request. Which would make the url something like
Code:
/api/rp/FMfvIqs/battles/2/action/{actionName}/run
??

The /run feels dodgy though...OH well, its good enough for now, I suppose....
(
The /run feels dodgy as you aren't creating a new /run resource despite POST being normally used for that.
I choose POST because that one is supposed to be neither safe nor idempotent which is defiantly the case here and its the only one which is neither of those.

I guess I can remove the /run, as you are probably creating actions using another url (probably /api/rp/FMfvIqs/actions or something)
)

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
53. Riddle me this, compadres: if you found a bug that halted progression in one of the mods of a modpack, but it was a sort of kitchen sink pack rather than a questy or expert pack, would that spoil the whole pack for you, or at least make it less enjoyable? I suppose it depends whether you care about the mod you can’t progress in...

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
56 seems like default actions now get copied when you make an RP.
PROGRESS!

So.. to integrate them now with the client I just need a way from the client to run them.
A way to allow you to make new ones (for abilities and stuff like that)
Display which actions there are available when creating a roleplay, like I did with the stats
See the code from custom actions.

As for stuff that needs to happen before it goes live:
Make it less abusable. If the server is running an action you can't run a new one until it is finished. I rather not have people spam the server with
Code:
while true do end
scripts >_>

I also need more actions and add description to them.

Nashannata

Feb 10, 2015
57. That's awesome. That code is like "WOA" in my Head. Maybe u need something like this:

Code:
X = 1 
If X = 1 Then
End
Else do 
Nothing
End

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
57. That's awesome. That code is like "WOA" in my Head. Maybe u need something like this:

Code:
X = 1
If X = 1 Then
End
Else do
Nothing
End
58 its not the uselessness of the code that makes we want to avoid people spamming the server with it. Its the fact that its a never ending busy loop, aka the kind that easily takes up entire cores and does nothing. It makes it a bit too easy to DDOS the server with that.