Good vs. Evil

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
55 Got the last responses by the schools I applied to. Also, why are you writing code in brainf.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
55 Got the last responses by the schools I applied to. Also, why are you writing code in brainf.
56 to test the interpreter/compiler that I wrote for brainf

The reason that I decided to make yet another interpreter for brainf especially one that is doomed to be a lot slower then the ones that already exist (well, maybe it is faster then the interpreter written in brainf), I was bored and I was curious how to make a simple interpreter for a simple language. And as brainf is a simple language I choose to make one for that language

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
55. Makes sense. I just finished up with an assignment that basically was implement unsigned ints in java in the most inefficient way possible.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
57 because compiling an running
Code:
++++++++[>++++[>++>+++>+++>+<<<<-]>+>+>->>+[<]<-]>>.>---.+++++++..+++.>>.<-.<.+++.------.--------.>>+.>++.
is pretty much instant now.

I am probably going to make it so that all characters become a table regardless if it is one in a row or not. This does increase memory usage but saves a few if statements thus it should be faster.

After that, not sure what I can do to make it faster. I think I will put it on http://codereview.stackexchange.com/

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
64, Good stack. Not so good: the receipt for my passport application may have been thrown away by over-enthusiastic family trying to be tidy.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
66. Yyyyep. My main hope is that it hasn't been burned, and has just been binned. I don't mind going through the rubbish, but if it's burned there's not a lot I can do.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
68. Indeed. The fault still lies ultimately with me, so if the worst has happened I'll just have to hope that it all goes through without any problems. It should, but that's no guarantee that it will.

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
69 I absolutely understand, I've had horrible experiences with getting a drivers license... Misspell my name twice, lose the card in the mail...

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
70. Damn, dude! :( That's not good.

As this is a 10 year renewal, its a lot more straightforward than getting it the first time. Speaking of which though, if this DOES go through in time, and I get it back within the next 3-4 weeks, they can actually use the photo they have on the system to update my drivers license too (as that's up for its 10 year renewal in mid-May). Which would be very helpful considering the £5 set of photos I had to get for my passport will have also gone up in flames with the receipt if that's what's happened, so I'd need to fork out another fiver getting more done if it doesn't go through.