Good vs. Evil

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
87 some Idle games are not clones of Cookie Clicker.
Fixed that for you :)

To be honest, there isn't a lot to explore in that "genre" but considering I have seen idle games where you are raiding dungeons and when you are not letting it go idle choice does matter rather then clicking "matters" (though, especially in the beginning clicking as often as possible is also a good thing) I would say that everything that has only stuff like
click to get some number up
buy upgrades for click
buy something that generates said number over time
buy upgrades for said stuff

as a clone of cookieclicker. Reason: it doesn't add something new to the table and everything it does is also done by cookieclicker and the thousand of other idlegames.

Bigdbigd03

Jul 29, 2019

Fixed that for you :)

To be honest, there isn't a lot to explore in that "genre" but considering I have seen idle games where you are raiding dungeons and when you are not letting it go idle choice does matter rather then clicking "matters" (though, especially in the beginning clicking as often as possible is also a good thing) I would say that everything that has only stuff like
click to get some number up
buy upgrades for click
buy something that generates said number over time
buy upgrades for said stuff

as a clone of cookieclicker. Reason: it doesn't add something new to the table and everything it does is also done by cookieclicker and the thousand of other idlegames.
88 My game is a beatable game, well not right right now. I got to create the levels.