Good vs. Evil

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
88 because all the nope
unrelated question, should the base stat of characters be stored as a modifier or should I make a separate table for that in the database?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
87 well, the main reason I ask is because I already have 3 tables in my database purely because of stats, not counting any modifiers or base stats.
the tables are statSheets. These can be used to give names to the stat in rp's (this way sci-fy themed rp's aren't stuck with stats called "magic defense". Eventually it will allow users to make their own themes as well)
Stat roles is so that my site understands that for example "hack" or "magic skill" need to be rolled for am ability by the user against either "firewall" or "magic defense"
then we have stats, this holds the name, what sheet they belong to and the role id. (Among a custom description if the user wants it).

thus I either end up with 5 tables purely storing stuff for stats or 4

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
87 you either are someone who can not program, or are someone who wants us to think he can not program :)

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
87 the thing is though, we can keep saying names and you can always deny and no one would know

Y

Your mom

86 I will give you 3 more tries at who I am :p I won't lie

Btw, someone does know who I am.