Good vs. Evil

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
so..I have a windows 7 installation that can't run aoe2 because it is too old
a linux installation that doesn't like wine and thus can't run aoe2
a windows xp virtual machine whose gui got ruined (mouse can only open the start menu and only if I am not clicking on the start menu) it also freezes when I shut it down
another windows xp virtual machine that works perfectly except for the fact that it is struggling at everything for some bizarre reason

I have the feeling something doesn't want me to play aoe2 >_>

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
45, I'm always shocked when people speak of 32 bit windows 7. It should have died with vista. As far as I'm aware, Intel doesn't even make 32 bit processors anymore.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
44 aoe2 is too old, not the windows 7 install (although it is probably a few hundred updates behind now as it is a long time since I used it, LINUX FOR THE WIN!)

I already tried the various "fixes" but on this particular computer the graphical glitches are even worse then normal (even the start menu is totally glitched out) together with the fact that the sound is lagging and you get an unpleasant experience to say the least

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
45, you probably have, but have you tried right clicking it and changing it to run in compatibility mode in preferences?