Good Screen Recorder?

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
So I've decided I wan to start my own LP for Minecraft(yes, another noob is going to start recording). I was wondering what screen recorder is the best to use. I've seen several out there that are pretty nice, but they're just free trials. Anyone have any recommendations before I start spending money on a good one?

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
I use DXtory, it doesn't drop my framerate too bad. One thing, make sure you have a large hard drive. These files are so large it's almost stupid. But you get great quality. Also FRAPS is good, not sure about any other ones

Enigmius1

Jul 29, 2019
DXTory is getting a certain amount of attention amongst the "pro" recorder crowd because it has features no other recorder really has (like the ability to write sequentially to up to 3 HDDs to leverage cache speed for better recording performance.) It's also in line with other recorders in terms of price.

I had been using MSI Afterburner because it has a high performance video recorder and is 100% free, but I was trying to do some recording today and it looks as though the latest version of something somewhere wound up breaking it. And for all the time I've spent installing this and rolling back that just to try and get FTB working properly and reliably, I'm not spending another3 days dorking around with Afterburner so Fraps it is, with DXTory on the horizon.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Just remember to close the console window when launching FTB minecraft it causes strange things to happen with recording stutters, stops and starts among other things

Narcisism

Jul 29, 2019
I like Bandicam. I think it's around $10 or something. It won't give you as high quality as say, FRAPS, but it's really good at managing its resources. It uses about half the HD space that FRAPS would use with the same quality video, and it won't use as much CPU to do it, either.

RampantPanda65

Jul 29, 2019
I would only use Fraps or Dxtory. They both produce high quality footage but Fraps is very CPU intensive. Dxtory provides more customization and drops your frame rate less.

Meara

Jul 29, 2019
Fraps: Large Files, Good Quality, Some times Audio Falls out of Sync (Id use something else to record Voice Overs)
DXtory: Did just about the same as fraps....
Afterburner: Is also overclocking program so be careful with it. and Boasts Less Problems then Fraps or Dxtory.

I think recording programs is kinda like getting shoes, try a few out and see witch ones dig in to your feet less.

Vegoraptor

Jul 29, 2019
In my opinion, hardware is the best thing to choose, i.e. a video splitter + grabber (if not integrated).
Only downside is you need to get an external harddrive or something like that and have to plug around on your Computer, but depending on settings the quality is exactly the same as or even better than your monitors output.