Golems

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome! how does it work?
I'd assume a system where a golems have to take a block to a colored chest, that is programmed to spit the block back out or something. Or clay golems doing something. Meh.

I'm planning on building a farm-tower with these guys, but the ranges keep on messing with me, they get stuck on levitators, and I hate ladders. So button-based secure access everywhere. Bleh.

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
I'd assume a system where a golems have to take a block to a colored chest, that is programmed to spit the block back out or something. Or clay golems doing something. Meh.

I'm planning on building a farm-tower with these guys, but the ranges keep on messing with me, they get stuck on levitators, and I hate ladders. So button-based secure access everywhere. Bleh.
It's a two player game. There's four rows of chests on each half of the pitch - one starting centre one, then three chests, two chests, and a goal chest. Clay golem on each chest set to carry the ball from the previous row to its own, competing to be the first team to get the ball to the goal chest. To make it an actual competition rather than a RNG, the players will stand in booths above the pitch armed with portal guns, and attempt to aid their own golems and interfere with the opponent's.

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
I found my missing wood golem - this morning Minecraft decided to go into "I won't display any chunks unless you walk into them first" mode, so all mobs for miles around were visible as though floating in mid-air.

He was found down in my base perched on a cliff face, in front of a fifty-something block drop. Sure enough he must've found his way into the cave system somehow.

Darknesschaos

Jul 29, 2019
Can one tallow golem fill 4 crucibles with water?
Depends, how close is the water source? But generally, I would see them filling up faster than you could effectively use them.

Wood golems can be placed on Item tesseracts because the tesseract has an invisible item slot that it uses to transfer the items.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Can one tallow golem fill 4 crucibles with water?

I have never tried but I do not believe so. Since the tallow golem is tied to the crucible you spawned him on I am fairly sure he will ignore other crucibles in his area. But then again I have never had a use for more then on crucible so it has never been something I have tried to do.

Darknesschaos

Jul 29, 2019
I have never tried but I do not believe so. Since the tallow golem is tied to the crucible you spawned him on I am fairly sure he will ignore other crucibles in his area. But then again I have never had a use for more then on crucible so it has never been something I have tried to do.
Ah, I had forgotten about that. Good point. Oh well, at least the solution isn't too bad... MOAR GOLEMS!

Maul_Junior

Jul 29, 2019
yes they are. Two are all you will ever need and they are one of the frist guys I build.

This combined with the magic mirror/Dispenser over the crucible I saw suggested a few weeks back makes using the crucible a breeze.

Load up what you need into the Dispenser, then flip a switch that makes it auto-repeat until you turn the switch off. Dispenser fires through the magic mirror placed directly in front of it, and hte items come out of the magic mirror placed directly over the crucible. Walk over to the Crucible, smash it with your wand, and boom you're done.

plzent3r

Jul 29, 2019
I just finished building my treefarm that utilizes golems. I have clay golems keeping 1 sapling in 3 deployers and 1 assembler (why do people never use these? They'er epic!). I need the 2x2 arrangement because I am using redwoods in the farm. I then have a timer underneath the dirt on which the saplings go, and every time it loops, it sends a signal to all the deployers and the assembler to plant the saplings, then the signal goes to a repeater (RP2 type) set to max delay, which then sends a blue signal through the bundled cable attached to the assembler. This will then bonemeal the 2 x 2 of saplings that was laid down. Then I have golems carry the profits off to barrels, and the clay golems will refill their respective container using the sapling barrel. 700 stacks of sapling waiting for them :D

Demi

Jul 29, 2019
Any/air block, Jar, Marker block

Code:
A J
A M J
works...

Code:
A J
M J
doesn't

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Any/air block, Jar, Marker block

Code:
A J
A M J
works...

Code:
A J
M J
doesn't

More so
Code:
A J A
J M J
A J A

also works.

The golem will see anything thing that touches the marker block.

I normally make shelves like so

Code:
J
M J
A A J
A A M J

The little guys will use the jars as stairs and can get to all of them. I just run this around my work space. The golems ca find stuff up to 10 blocks away. And your altar would see all of these if that are inside the same space.