Goldberg Machine - Your Ideas!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
Hello FTB Players! ~ Thomaz here!

I'm making this thread for people to have a place fo post Goldberg Machines designs - If you don't know what they are, look it up! It's really a fun and not that complicated concept. It's basicly an overcomplicated machine that does or produces something extremely simple or useless.

e.g: A Cobblestone generator being controlled by a Mining Turtle who outputs it's content into a chest being constantly emptied by a set of pneumatic tubes, who puts the Cobble into a Infernal Furnace who smelts the Cobblestone into stone, and then being spitted out into a Hungry Chest who is being emptied by an Import Bus - which is connected to a small AE network constantly autocrafting Stone Bricks, which are being exported into a chest being emptied by a set of buildcraft pipes, throwing them into a Item Loader which is connected on top a Storage Minecart which is set up to leave as soon as it has it's inventory full, using a booster track and a detector underneath - then, the Minecart travels through a Mystcraft portal into the Nether, then immediately being launched into a enourmous lava lake.

Not the best example ever - and probably also full of technical flaws, but, the concept is pretty much correct.

While you're here - you could try to, if you get to see a really fun written design that someone else posted here, actually try to built it and post the result here! (Giving the original creator credits, obviously!)

Also - this is my first thread in this section of the forum, so any rules I might not be following, please tell me! I will patch anything as soon as possible.

Have fun! ~

Last edited:

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Growthcraft: I was planning on using a combination of golems to harvest the grapes, conveyors to feed them into a fruit press, tank carts to move the liquid into ferment barrels and from there the finished wine pumped into a huge tank. But I never got around to it.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
In addition to this it would be nice if this could be done with as many different mods as possible. i.e. a big huge machine made using components and mechanisms of many different mods.

Jnelso99

Feb 24, 2013
I would make a Rube Goldberg machine whose sole purpose is to kick off a second Rube Goldberg machine.

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
@ThomazM I am not a scrub (why I am in art and taking ITunesU classes in app development...in the 7th grade :p) but I have been out of it lately. This is partly because of my lack of WI-FI to get on @idrol's server (http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/idrols-server-monster-1-1-1-whitelist-grief-prev-ts3-keep-items-on-death-24-7-dedicated.44423/)
:p

Oh - don't get me wrong, I'm a scrub, not you. :p

And if only we had those classes here in Brazil... - It's incredibly hard to find anything programming related here. :confused:

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
And if only we had those classes here in Brazil... - It's incredibly hard to find anything programming related here. :confused:
ITunesU is on ITunes so if you have internet access and access to ITunes through phone or computer you can take them for free, but you must have a Mac for XCode which is the program to code in Objective-C

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
I just got an excellent idea for this...a project I started a while ago that I'm going to restart. It involved Cobblestone. More details to follow when I have pictures tonight! :D

Reactions: ThomazM

No one

Jul 29, 2019
I remember someone on youtube had made a rube goldberg machine that took over 10 min long to be completed,and it was all just to turn on a lamp.

ThorinNL

Jul 29, 2019
I.. I.. I couldn't make one even if my life depended on it.
I think too logical, I'm a guy, can't help it. Stuff goes from A to B and not through C,D,E,F,G, etc.

On the other hand, It's beautiful to see it in action.