Gold?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
Im playing infinity 1.7.10 and I have a ton of resources but almost no Gold
Any easier way to farm gold then pigmen spawner?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
That's odd. Have you messed with the configs at all?

I usually just swing by the nether and run into tons of nether gold ore. It's so tasty :)

Reactions: trinityamc

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
No everythings unchanged
So i have to quarry the nether then?

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
It's probably an easier way to get gold so yeah.

ATM i'm running 3 overworld quarries, one in the nether and one in the end. Need stuffs :)

Just make sure you have some fluid that doesn't disappear when you place it in the Nether. I use blood from B'o'P, it acts like water and turns the many, many, many MANY lava pockets into obsidian.

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
It's probably an easier way to get gold so yeah.

ATM i'm running 3 overworld quarries, one in the nether and one in the end. Need stuffs :)

Just make sure you have some fluid that doesn't disappear when you place it in the Nether. I use blood from B'o'P, it acts like water and turns the many, many, many MANY lava pockets into obsidian.
Can i make an infinite source block of that ?
Or i might just Use ender quarry and replace it with dirt
Thanks tho

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Gold should not be any problem. You do not need to get a quarry running in the Nether for this. Overworld should give you enough.

If you need a lot of Gold for a certain project you might want to incriese the amount of gold temporary, since you play 1.7, you have lot of options here.
Thaumcraft alchemy would be one but requeire a good amount of setup.
The more over powered way probabbly is RFDimensions with a Gold Feature. Should cost more or less 5k-9k RF/T to maintain. But you can charge it so you have like 5 miutes of time.
Go in there with a TC hammer and get all the gold you need.
This works also with other metals. And getting the Material dimlets is not so hard with the absorbers.

I personally never had any issues with materials and if I run low on one special one what I ussally do is going into the deep Dark and mine with a TC Hammer a bit.
You will be swimming in it.

All this is given that you are not playing on expert :) It would still work but might not help you as fast as you need it to.

st753m

Jul 29, 2019
I remember having a major problem getting enough gold in Infinity. It generates at the same amount as in vanilla and can be doubled, but tons of modded blocks require gold. Getting my materials from branch mining on y11, I would be swimming in stacks upon stacks of iron and diamond just as extras I pulled up trying to keep up with the demand for gold.

My theory is that, since gold is basically useless in vanilla, a lot of mod developers decided to add in uses. If just a few did, it wouldn't be a problem, but so many thought that way that gold in heavily-modded minecraft ended up as the bottleneck for progression.

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
Gold should not be any problem. You do not need to get a quarry running in the Nether for this. Overworld should give you enough.

If you need a lot of Gold for a certain project you might want to incriese the amount of gold temporary, since you play 1.7, you have lot of options here.
The more over powered way probabbly is RFDimensions with a Gold Feature. Should cost more or less 5k-9k RF/T to maintain. But you can charge it so you have like 5 miutes of time.
This works also with other metals. And getting the Material dimlets is not so hard with the absorbers.

I personally never had any issues with materials and if I run low on one special one what I ussally do is going into the deep Dark and mine with a TC Hammer a bit.

All this is given that you are not playing on expert :) It would still work but might not help you as fast as you need it to.
Ive never had this much of a gold issue before
I have more then 200 Blocks of iron But literally 1 Gold and 3 nuggets
I did setup a cursed earth farm in the nether but my ftb chunkloading isnt working for some reason
Havent done anything with rftools so setting up that World would require a ton of work which dimlet setup should i Use for a World with Gold ?
But deep dark i could Pull off i guess

But Thanks for the Tips! Appreciated

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
I remember having a major problem getting enough gold in Infinity. It generates at the same amount as in vanilla and can be doubled, but tons of modded blocks require gold. Getting my materials from branch mining on y11, I would be swimming in stacks upon stacks of iron and diamond just as extras I pulled up trying to keep up with the demand for gold.

My theory is that, since gold is basically useless in vanilla, a lot of mod developers decided to add in uses. If just a few did, it wouldn't be a problem, but so many thought that way that gold in heavily-modded minecraft ended up as the bottleneck for progression.
Yea it feels kinda unbalanced i agree

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
To be honest I did not play Infinity in normal mode and in expert I had other problems then gold :p

I agree that RFTools is to far away to be a quick solution.
YOur Cursed Earth farm does not work because there is no player in the same dimension. There is a vanilla rule that does make despawn mobs in this case (correct me if I wrong... not sure if it was 128 chuncks or also dimension)
Mobs spawned by for example powered spawners from EnderIo does not obly to this vanilla rules and thats why they keep on working if you are away or offline (if server)

If you go for the Deep Dark only thing you need is torches and a TiC Hammer with Luck of silktouch. If you have flight this will make it a bit easier.

for the dimlet, I would go if "Material=Gold" and "feature=pyramite or orbs".
This makes the world you create to be full of orbs/pyramites made of the material you put before the feature dimlet. I do this mostly with nether quartz and draconium Ore. Since those are ores that you do not need in a constant flow. By going in this world once every few days and mine for 10 minutes you will have enough for ages.

Edit: Gesendet von meinem PC .) Nur damit ich was Deutsches schreiben kann.

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
Yea i Remember playing expert ..
Is there anything that can simulate a Player being in the Dimension? 'World anchor comes to mind'
That i didnt know tho thanks
But ive messed around with a quarry in the nether with a tesseract supplying Power
It didnt do that until i teleported back
If I spawn pigmen using Eio thats going to Use so much Power
Can i get a pigmen spawner with draconic Evolution?
Im guessing i need a Single block dimlet or something?
If u could Post me like a List with the exact dimlets that'd be AWESOME! :)

HAX! Woher weißt du das ?

InThayne

Oct 14, 2013
For me, early gold is usually earmarked for tripling with rich slag in the induction smelter. I might even use some cinnabar or the QED for tripling.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anything that can simulate a Player being in the Dimension? 'World anchor comes to mind'
That i didnt know tho thanks
Not that I would be aware off...

But ive messed around with a quarry in the nether with a tesseract supplying Power
It didnt do that until i teleported back
If I spawn pigmen using Eio thats going to Use so much Power
Can i get a pigmen spawner with draconic Evolution?
Should be possible. You need to kill enough of them to get a Pigman Soul (look it up in NEI to see if it exists) Those souls drops by killing them. Chance 1 of 1000. Good Luck.

Im guessing i need a Single block dimlet or something?
If u could Post me like a List with the exact dimlets that'd be AWESOME! :)

I would recoment to forget about this for your gold problem. If you are interested in it anyway for general knowledge, I recoment DW20 Guide of RFDimensions he did a update for 1.10 some month ago that should work for 1.7 as well.

Dimlets: In this order
1. Tarrain = Flat
2. Material = The Material you want.
3. Feature = Orb or Pyramide.

The others you can ignore, so they will be random. This can have bad effects but for just mining 10 minutes in this dimension this should not be to important.

I personally prefere Pyramide since with a 5x5 hammer you can mine it easy. and Orbs are flying so you will need a way to climp up there...
For the Material, either you get lucky, or you can use the "Material Absorber". You need to feed it 127 Ore Blocks (Mine with silktouch not luck) in order to create the Material dimlet you wish. (At least in 1.10 this is how it works... check how it is done in 1.7)

HAX! Woher weißt du das ?

Weil du Tapatalk nutzt und unter jeden Post diesen tollen Satz schreibst ;)

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
For me, early gold is usually earmarked for tripling with rich slag in the induction smelter. I might even use some cinnabar or the QED for tripling.
Damnit completely forgot about the QED thanks
Easy way to get rich slag?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
For RFTools, there's literally a dimlet that makes the world itself out of Material X. In "easy" packs like Infinity I've been known to make worlds out of stuff. Even "Poor Ores" from railcraft are nice.

For dimlets, you don't need much to get started. You might even be able to start with zero dimlets (I forget?) and just make a random world. Then run around finding the RFTools huts which contain several dimlets each.

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
Not that I would be aware off...

Should be possible. You need to kill enough of them to get a Pigman Soul (look it up in NEI to see if it exists) Those souls drops by killing them. Chance 1 of 1000. Good Luck.

I would recoment to forget about this for your gold problem. If you are interested in it anyway for general knowledge, I recoment DW20 Guide of RFDimensions he did a update for 1.10 some month ago that should work for 1.7 as well.

Dimlets: In this order
1. Tarrain = Flat
2. Material = The Material you want.
3. Feature = Orb or Pyramide.

The others you can ignore, so they will be random. This can have bad effects but for just mining 10 minutes in this dimension this should not be to important.

I personally prefere Pyramide since with a 5x5 hammer you can mine it easy. and Orbs are flying so you will need a way to climp up there...
For the Material, either you get lucky, or you can use the "Material Absorber". You need to feed it 127 Ore Blocks (Mine with silktouch not luck) in order to create the Material dimlet you wish. (At least in 1.10 this is how it works... check how it is done in 1.7)

Weil du Tapatalk nutzt und unter jeden Post diesen tollen Satz schreibst ;)

There is an enchant to increase chance isn't there ?

I watched that video and I got a basic hang of it but it's easier to just use something that someone tested before

I can find these dimlets too right ?

Oh hab gedacht der wird übersetzt in die jeweilige Sprache

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
For RFTools, there's literally a dimlet that makes the world itself out of Material X. In "easy" packs like Infinity I've been known to make worlds out of stuff. Even "Poor Ores" from railcraft are nice.

For dimlets, you don't need much to get started. You might even be able to start with zero dimlets (I forget?) and just make a random world. Then run around finding the RFTools huts which contain several dimlets each.
Yea u can create random world's
But a world made out of gold blocks is gonna cost an absolute TON of power isn't it ?
Also if I would wanna do that
What dimlets would I use ?

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019

Right, you would archive this by putting the same Dimlet before the Tarrain dimlet. Material Dimelts define the type of material the dimlet after them has. (in my head this makes sence..)

Problem is that if you use it for the Terrain it is a lot more expensive then it is if for a feature only. And for his needs features out of gold will be enough.

Edit:
Example:
Gold Dimlet + Flat Terrain = Flat world out of Gold.
Dirt Dimlet + Flat Terrain + Gold Dimlet + Orbs = Flat world out of Gold with Gold Orbs floading around :)

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
Right, you would archive this by putting the same Dimlet before the Tarrain dimlet. Material Dimelts define the type of material the dimlet after them has. (in my head this makes sence..)

Problem is that if you use it for the Terrain it is a lot more expensive then it is if for a feature only. And for his needs features out of gold will be enough.
So for example material gold Ore, single material ?

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
See my Edit on the post before this might help...
There are different types of Dimlets.

Each type does have different "values" then. Examples only
Type = Material Dimlet
Value1= Gold
Value2=Dirt
Value3=...​
Type = Biomes Dimlet
Value1= Jungel
Value2= Ocean
Value3=Magic Forrest
Value 4= ...
Best to understand is to take the video I mentioned before and go into a creative world and just try a bit around.

In order to get Dimlets you first would create a complete random dimension and inside there are little houses were you can find more dimlets.
Those you can break down into their basic parts and use those to craft the specific one you wanna have.

Note that there are some very basic Dimlets that are craftable even without RFTools items. You can see this in NEI. They have (craftable) written in the Details.