Gold?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yea u can create random world's
But a world made out of gold blocks is gonna cost an absolute TON of power isn't it ?
Also if I would wanna do that
What dimlets would I use ?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk
I dunno, "ton" of power is a bit subjective. You probably already have some Immersive Engineering windmills or hydrokinetics by now. They're enough to at least power a dimension for a while, go get resources, and then shut down the dimension. There's no reason to keep it running forever.

But if you want to....just drop an Activity Probe in it and it will persist forever and not cost any power so long as no chunks are loaded in it.

Right, you would archive this by putting the same Dimlet before the Tarrain dimlet. Material Dimelts define the type of material the dimlet after them has. (in my head this makes sence..)

Problem is that if you use it for the Terrain it is a lot more expensive then it is if for a feature only. And for his needs features out of gold will be enough.
Thanks, I couldn't actually remember the dimlet type. And you're right that features should be cheaper (and sufficient).

Worth noting that, by some standards, the really expensive resource dimlets are primarily those that actually produce fuels (which makes some sense).

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
I dunno, "ton" of power is a bit subjective. You probably already have some Immersive Engineering windmills or hydrokinetics by now. They're enough to at least power a dimension for a while, go get resources, and then shut down the dimension. There's no reason to keep it running forever.

But if you want to....just drop an Activity Probe in it and it will persist forever and not cost any power so long as no chunks are loaded in it.

Thanks, I couldn't actually remember the dimlet type. And you're right that features should be cheaper (and sufficient).

Worth noting that, by some standards, the really expensive resource dimlets are primarily those that actually produce fuels (which makes some sense).

I got about 5k rf/t incoming and a constant drain of ~100 rf/t without machines running
Never heard of the activity probe
What does it do / how?

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
See my Edit on the post before this might help...
There are different types of Dimlets.

Each type does have different "values" then. Examples only
Type = Material Dimlet
Value1= Gold
Value2=Dirt
Value3=...​
Type = Biomes Dimlet
Value1= Jungel
Value2= Ocean
Value3=Magic Forrest
Value 4= ...
Best to understand is to take the video I mentioned before and go into a creative world and just try a bit around.

In order to get Dimlets you first would create a complete random dimension and inside there are little houses were you can find more dimlets.
Those you can break down into their basic parts and use those to craft the specific one you wanna have.

Note that there are some very basic Dimlets that are craftable even without RFTools items. You can see this in NEI. They have (craftable) written in the Details.

Thanks !
the "putting together" of dimlets isn't mentioned in DW20's video as I recall
Dunno how to call that

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I got about 5k rf/t incoming and a constant drain of ~100 rf/t without machines running
Never heard of the activity probe
What does it do / how?

You have more than enough power incoming to run whatever type of resource world you want for a limited time at least.

An activity probe is just another RFTools block. It costs no power. When you place it in an RFTools dimension, it prevents that dimension from draining ANY power, so long as no chunks are loaded in it (so long as there's no "activity" in it)

Otherwise your dimension would constantly drain power.

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
You have more than enough power incoming to run whatever type of resource world you want for a limited time at least.

An activity probe is just another RFTools block. It costs no power. When you place it in an RFTools dimension, it prevents that dimension from draining ANY power, so long as no chunks are loaded in it (so long as there's no "activity" in it)

Otherwise your dimension would constantly drain power.
That's good to hear
Did setup a quarry in the nether
Which clearly wasn't a good idea
Got all kinds of new problems now
2c794ba5f735c3954b9fc4fd03557744.jpg

Got ores everywhere which will take couple of hours to process :D

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Time to spend those new resources to upgrade your processing chain. That'll take some power, too, along with more of those resources, so we'd better upgrade the power grid while we're at it. All these machines are using up all the resources - better invest in more mining. All that new influx is bottlenecked at processing again...

This is why I never get anything done, and still run out of whatever material I was short on to begin with...

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
Time to spend those new resources to upgrade your processing chain. That'll take some power, too, along with more of those resources, so we'd better upgrade the power grid while we're at it. All these machines are using up all the resources - better invest in more mining. All that new influx is bottlenecked at processing again...

This is why I never get anything done, and still run out of whatever material I was short on to begin with...

That keeps the task going
Because when I reach the point where I'm not short on anything that's usually when I stop playing :eek: