Gold Exploits?

Puppier

Jul 29, 2019
I am setting up my server with a gold-based economy. I, of course, want to avoid people abusing mods in the Mindcrack pack to generate massive amounts of gold. (The Macerator is unavoidable)

Does anyone know of any little-known ways to get gold nuggets, ingots or blocks?

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, you will have to disable the Nether or Soul Shards, I suggest Soul Shards, the Nether offers other resources that players may need for tech tree progression. Also, UU matter can be used to produce gold, so once someone starts producing enough power they will have unlimited gold. You could disable the Mass Fab but that would once again destroy tech tree progression. Its called the Matter Fab if using GregTech, and while expensive it serves the same purpose, but takes longer to reach the point of unlimited resources from UU. Another thing that could be abused is a mob spawner to get shards of minium and a zombie farm or enderman farm. They could just transmute lots of iron and enderpearls into gold.

TL;DR: Gold based economy is doomed, go with something that can't be made automatically. I suggest ThaumCraft 3 shards and amber, the only way to get them is mining.

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, you will have to disable the Nether or Soul Shards, I suggest Soul Shards, the Nether offers other resources that players may need for tech tree progression. Also, UU matter can be used to produce gold, so once someone starts producing enough power they will have unlimited gold. You could disable the Mass Fab but that would once again destroy tech tree progression. Its called the Matter Fab if using GregTech, and while expensive it serves the same purpose, but takes longer to reach the point of unlimited resources from UU. Another thing that could be abused is a mob spawner to get shards of minium and a zombie farm or enderman farm. They could just transmute lots of iron and enderpearls into gold.

TL;DR: Gold based economy is doomed, go with something that can't be made automatically. I suggest ThaumCraft 3 shards and amber, the only way to get them is mining.
both amber and shards can be both gotten from bees

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any resource that reasonably easy to find but can't be automated fully? Mining machines don't count, so things from the ground are fine.

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any resource that reasonably easy to find but can't be automated fully? Mining machines don't count, so things from the ground are fine.
the problem is almost anything can be gotten from bees or some other automated process

BuzZBladE

Jul 29, 2019
The only true form of currency has to be produced by the government. You have to pick an item not available except by creative mode and dump it into the economy. Only problem is since that something is also worthless, you have to get the people to agree to trade it for it to have any value. Also you will have to make trading gold and diamonds illegal as a fake currency and collect them as taxes or your currency will always be worthless.

That being said, with all these mods anything can be automated. So if you do make a currency of Cow Spawn Eggs then that item will have a value... However nothing they trade for it would be worth a single Cow Spawn Egg. Since the supply of any item is so huge, even a stack of diamonds equals a dirt block within 1 week of gameplay.

Reactions: tabs

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
I am setting up my server with a gold-based economy. I, of course, want to avoid people abusing mods in the Mindcrack pack to generate massive amounts of gold. (The Macerator is unavoidable)

Does anyone know of any little-known ways to get gold nuggets, ingots or blocks?
All you would need to get all the gold is an automated Netherrack maker or miner and boom all the gold in the world with the GT grinders+centifuges and get more per dust with the aid of mercury as the grinding medium.

ronan75

Jul 29, 2019
The way I am setting up mine is using Circuits & spawn eggs. Example 1 Chicken Spawn egg is your base (1) then 1 pig = 5 chicken, 1 cow = 5 pig, etc. They can then make circuits and buy 1 chicken. So that gets them building things and earning their currency. I have it set up in Trade O Mats.

Anubis

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing that I can think of that I know can't be replicated, for now at least, would be the XYCraft Quartz crystals. I guess they would make great pennies or nickles XD.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing that I can think of that I know can't be replicated, for now at least, would be the XYCraft Quartz crystals. I guess they would make great pennies or nickles XD.
Good one! but.. people can farm them if you do it right I believe. But it's a lonng time and you gotta get the right crystals I think.

Jeff Fisher

Jul 29, 2019
Uhh doesn't IC have IC2 Credits? You can even turn them on in the configs so they can be found in chests.