Glitchy deathpoints.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
So, there's 2 points that I want to make with this thread.

1. I think the fireboats may be a bit OP. I got one shotted by one of them with fully charged Nano Armor on. That seems a bit ridiculous.

2. When I went to retrieve my items the death point led me to a an area of just solid netherackk. No where for me to die. so. I'm curious as to where all my items are.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
-_- Why in the world would the FTB team switch to a glitchy map? What logic did they use? All around, the voxel map isn't nearly as good as Rei's. What was the point of switching?

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Well, Voxel mini map in cave mode seems to be way better than rei's.
It also has a nice ability to make overworld and nether WP connected, that makes the making of nether portal way easier to do. Also doubles as a bad point, as it floods the nether with WP you don't necessarily need there ("farm", "dungeon", "village"...).

Apart from that, it only shows mobs when it wishes, some parts don't want to render...

I really don't know, I find that both have their good and bad points, and REI had some stupid bugs that erased WP every now and then. It also reset it's keys with each updates, because they are in a config file, and not saved with your preferences...

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Well, either way, what warranted this change? I've never had problems with Rei's and i've already had a problem with Voxel. That's probably not a coincidence.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
So, there's 2 points that I want to make with this thread.

1. I think the fireboats may be a bit OP. I got one shotted by one of them with fully charged Nano Armor on. That seems a bit ridiculous.

2. When I went to retrieve my items the death point led me to a an area of just solid netherackk. No where for me to die. so. I'm curious as to where all my items are.
Well, they have to be fireboats because you can't float normal boats in the nether (on account of the lava). Apart from that I agree.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
lol. Silly typo. Does anyone know the stats of the Firebats? Like I said. I had full nano armor and it just one shotted me.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Well, either way, what warranted this change? I've never had problems with Rei's and i've already had a problem with Voxel. That's probably not a coincidence.

Voxel was placed in for rei's only because rei's shows the ip address of the server you are connecting to in the chat bar when it loads. This was causing a lot of grief for streamers because their private servers were getting ddosed.

At least this is what I was told.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019

a problem? dude, if i tell you every problem voxelag (there goes one) has, I would be here all night.[DOUBLEPOST=1364087191][/DOUBLEPOST]
Voxel was placed in for rei's only because rei's shows the ip address of the server you are connecting to in the chat bar when it loads. This was causing a lot of grief for streamers because their private servers were getting ddosed.

At least this is what I was told.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

streamers = change the ip in some part of the config
yourubers = learn to edit.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Nah. Just a spell check error.

Back on topic, I think they should re-add Rei's. I think most people agree that it is better then Voxel or whatever.

I don't even know we they added them, voxelbox is for creative mode and map making, they have brushes, world edit and that crap, this is not for survival. Why do we need laggier menus? some sort of soundpack for the menu which is useless, a map that shows caves, mobs, players... can't even have a secret base anymore (and can't be disabled by the server) and is laggy... Rei's is better, even with the leaks.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Both maps are client-side only, you can add Rei's back without any problems yourself, even when playing on a server. I did so on day 1 of installing ultimate.

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
I don't even know we they added them, voxelbox is for creative mode and map making, they have brushes, world edit and that crap, this is not for survival. Why do we need laggier menus? some sort of soundpack for the menu which is useless, a map that shows caves, mobs, players... can't even have a secret base anymore (and can't be disabled by the server) and is laggy... Rei's is better, even with the leaks.
I do agree with you there. Not only did it cause a lot of lag, but made it almost impossible for me to record due to random crashes. Substituting those mods for Rei's made most, if not all, of the problems that I was experiencing dissapear. It's hard enough to do an LP on hardcore without random crashes! :p

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. I just noticed I have a lot of time to do nothing tonight. I'll check out your channel Time.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
I just like it because it automatically switches to cave mode.

I don't experience lag with it but I guess other people do. I hate how if I'm walking, then I open the map, it locks my key in until I press it again. Also since it's zoomed in way too much and have to change it every time.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
lol. Silly typo. Does anyone know the stats of the Firebats? Like I said. I had full nano armor and it just one shotted me.
I don't know about stats, but even with no armor, they do less damage than an angry zombie, and I am playing on Hard.
The explosion seems to hurt a bit more, but here again, I survived it multiple times (once each time, not all at once), with no armor at all.

I tend to do my exploring of the nether with only the bare minimum to explore, so that I don't have to rush if/when I die.