Gideon's Youtube Woes

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
So, I tried to upload the videos from Gerard Way's new album. For some reason, half of the videos uploaded and the other half did not, despite being from the same album. If all had been blocked, I'd understand it, but only half?

I am so freaking confused.

what%20the%20actual%20fuck.PNG

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Just watch out for DRM claims... It's been very difficult, even for big youtubers as of late.

Worst thing about this thought? It's not always the content maker that's slapping these channels with the CnD or profit stripping. It's 3rd party companies, that make money by making claims, and getting a cut if the claim goes unchallenged, and or they win.

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
Googles bot does let some stuff slip by, either bad audio in the first part of the video that is never picked up by there algorithm or, it's actually a "open domain" song.

Lot's of friends of mine have been dinged for playing classical music in there videos.. now classical music is Open domain.. but companies own different versions of the same work... hence the muted/monetization going some were else..

Like I said, copyright BS, with even more BS..

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Some people :p

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

I hear the person who holds the copyright for "Happy Birthday" doesn't play an instrument, cannot sing and cannot even read music.

They just got the idea to copyright it one day and nobody else had done it yet.

Copyright laws seem to be "First come first served", even if it's obviously impossible for the claimant to have created the material.

Reactions: pc_assassin

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Wait happy birthday is copywrited?:confused: damn I'm getting sued

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Wait happy birthday is copywrited?:confused: damn I'm getting sued

That's why all the big restaurant chains that sing to you if some traitor tells them it's "your" day have different songs... They started getting sued for royalties.

Reactions: pc_assassin

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
My biggest question: Why is Gerard's hair red.
It's been like that since Danger Days. Prior to that it was white, and before that black.

Stages of Gerard's hair:
Original (I Brought You My Bullets-Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge)
White (Black Parade-Conventional Weapons):
Red (Conventional Weapons [latter half]-Present):

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Wait... wait... wait..... Why do you have the AFLAK bird on your desktop?

:)