Giant sequoia pollen

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
A

Anton_

I've read that the only legit way of getting a giant sequoia is by finding a villager who has that tree's pollen on offer.

I presume that the only villagers I need interrogate are the green-clad arborists?

I've been travelling vast distances (100k blocks) looking for villages, and have found several arborists (who seem to live with apiarists), and all have pollen and saplings to sell, but neither for giant sequoias (yet). It just occurred to me that, although it seems unlikely, other villagers might also have them to sell?

[I'm playing DW20's latest modpack in a MP server.]

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
You may already know this but there are tiers of items the villagers offer for trade, but you have to do a lot of trading to get to their "better" trade goods.

A

Anton_

Yes - I trade with them over and again until they make no more "bubbles" and the trade arrows are "X"ed out and the ">" remains greyed out.

Fortunately I have more emeralds than I know what to do with.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Sorry I had a feeling you knew that... :)

I feel your pain because I used to build my bases inside the Natura giant Redwoods up until they seemingly were removed in 1.8.x

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
Better option.
Build a small, 7x7 should be plenty, cursed earth powered Spawn Chamber with an Industrial Forgoing Mob crusher to get Mob Essence.
Build an Industrial Forgoing Spawner.
Nab any Villager in a Mob Imprisonment Ball.
Use the collected Essence to spawn villagers, do NOT turn on exact match.
Collate your winnings for Arborists and drop the rest into a Tinkers Smeltery with a melted nugget of choice and cast the liquid emerald into blocks.

In no time you will be swimming in arborists and emeralds.

Reactions: Anton_
A

Anton_

Better option
What a good idea! Why didn't I think of that? I've used that method for other similar things. Certainly beats flying around looking for villages that might not have a local arborist!
Thank you!

A

Anton_

Does anyone know if this even works? Do villagers (specifically arborists) actually ever have Giant Sequoia pollen or saplings on offer?

I must have traded with well over 100 arborists by now. I get loads of Giant Sequoia wood and planks, but no growable items. I don't mind a bit of grind, but this is getting ridiculous.