Ghast Tear Farm?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
actually, no. it doesn't meet the criteria.
Game-over-thank-you-for-playing-saying-quotes-pictures.jpg

Reactions: YX33A

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
MFR Spawner in a 5x5x5 room with a grinder, had 2 running and am at 4000 tears in a few hours... Spawn rate can be a bit slow as it struggles sometimes to find a spot but any bigger room and the grinder won't get to all of it.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
MFR Spawner in a 5x5x5 room with a grinder, had 2 running and am at 4000 tears in a few hours... Spawn rate can be a bit slow as it struggles sometimes to find a spot but any bigger room and the grinder won't get to all of it.
i'd use a 9x9x9 with 48 grinders and 18 spawners. mine brings me to chunk mob cap on my server and then instakill.

ghasts will usually spawn at the top, so put a 1 block separation between the two rows of grinders. i've got one at foot level and one just above head level.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, simple question, how should I go about farming ghast tears? My current mindset is to use a soul shard and kill a Carminite Ghastling, but how would I go about killing them in a farm and collecting the drops? I was thinking turrets, but their explosions might present a problem.

No mention of which modpack so all the above answers could be wrong, there's so many ways to do it.

Reactions: RedBoss

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
i'd use a 9x9x9 with 48 grinders and 18 spawners. mine brings me to chunk mob cap on my server and then instakill.

ghasts will usually spawn at the top, so put a 1 block separation between the two rows of grinders. i've got one at foot level and one just above head level.

That's just silly... But yes you could do that;)

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
The setup I'm thinking of is this. I don't know if it would work with ghasts but it sounds workable:

Machines and items involved:
(1) One mob magnet thingy from Thaumic Tinkerer (forgot the name)
(2) One Autonomous activator (TE)
(3) One bedrock sword (RotaryCraft)
(4) One mob spawner (MFR)
(5) A vacuum hopper (Extrac Utilities)

The concept is: spawn the ghast with the spawner, let the mob magnet draw it towards itself, which is right across the autonomous activator. With the bedrock sword (inifinite durability) in the autonomous activator the ghast should be killed swiftly. Collect ghastly stuff and xp with a vacuum hopper.

I have this working with a Blizz spawner. Shouldn't be too difficult to adapt it to ghasts.