Problem getting weird "cascading worldgen lag" in my server here

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Milanimal

Oct 31, 2020
Hey guys recently me and some friends decided to play Minecraft again and i am hosting it myself. The set up itself was straightforward and i got everything up and running (considering i haven't done it in a while it was nice haha) But once everyone is in and we are exploring locations we haven't been I see warnings pop up server side and it causes the server to lag, and even kick us out at times. The message being "Quark loaded a new chunk [-6, -23] in dimension 0 (overworld) while populating chunk [-7, -23], causing cascading worldgen lag" and it would spam the server logs. Once we stop exploring and let it chill a bit we are good to go again. Not sure what is happening here has anyone had this issue? I Thought it might have been FTB mod version I was trying to host but I tried others and it was the same.

Currently i am running the below:
Revelations 3.3.0
forge 1.12.2-14.23.5.2846
16GB ram dedicated on server (32GB total in system)
windows 10
cpu ryzen 7
network connection: gigabit with 100mb upload

Milanimal

Oct 31, 2020
I did some research on this and found out some more things. So it seems like its to do with more updates and all the mods loading all the things required to generate these chucks. For now there isn't much to be done but wait. Only things i've found that work are turning off mods you don't use (one that has things a chunk would load when generating like mods that have new ores or things it creates on its own) Another thing i've been doing since i disconnect the least is, i've been taking the time to explore the world myself when free and then letting the lag settle. That way when other people/friends are on and venturing around its already generated and good to go.

for reference my source if anyone is curious: