Getting started with rotarycraft

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Unfortunately, I've seen quite a lot of that. In my first test, I seriously underestimated the power of the intake from the jet, and was promptly sucked into the engine. Both myself and the engine died violently. Wiser from this incident, I carefully crafted a brick tunnel for the engine intake, and all seemed to work well. Before leaving the engine to run a while, i wanted to check the fuel level. Unfortunately, I was wielding my screwdriver at the time, resulting in the engine to turn 90 degrees, thus sucking me in again, with the predicted fatal result.

At this time, I was more than a bit reluctant to install jets in my home base (a sphere made of clear-glass), so I decided to make some tests with encapsulating the engine in a blast glass cage, and feeding zombies to it to make it blow up. The resulting explosive failure is a lot more impressive, when you are watching it from outside the engine, I might add!

I am really enjoying this mod a lot. In addition to being great fun, it just looks great with all the mechanical parts moving. Currently, I am trying to optimize gearing from two jets into an extractor. I am sending a Rednet controller wave (40 ticks on/40 ticks off) into a CTV, alternating 4x and 32x speed. The difference between this gearing, and just sending the 512Nm torque constantly into the extractor is substantial and very effective. I am guessing that this gearing can be optimized even further.
:)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Does @Reika have an officially-recommended list of mods to get the most out of the Rotary- and Reactor- mods with? I'd like to stay on top of the most up to date versions of stuff in the intended spirit of his mods (Not necessarily a major modpack such as Horizons, although that may be the official answer to my inquiry)

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Does @Reika have an officially-recommended list of mods to get the most out of the Rotary- and Reactor- mods with? I'd like to stay on top of the most up to date versions of stuff in the intended spirit of his mods (Not necessarily a major modpack such as Horizons, although that may be the official answer to my inquiry)
The usual big tech mods, really. Anything that requires a compatible power type can benefit greatly from my reactors' yields, and RotaryCraft interfaces a lot, too. RC also has some special Twilight Forest features. Such as this (hint hint):
FNUfxO9.png

Reactions: NegaNote

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Namely Twilight Forest's maze blocks. Those unbreakable blocks that houses those dungeons in TF.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Ll4m4

Jul 29, 2019
I am currently powering my extractor with 8 hydrokinetics. They feed to a 32 Belt CVT and then to an 8 belt CVT to run it all full power, all stages. Two steam engines run the grinder, with excess lube being produced. I swivel the bevel to charge coils when the extractor isn't in use.

Love this mod. It's definitely harder with the new basic coils holding significantly less MJ.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I am currently powering my extractor with 8 hydrokinetics. They feed to a 32 Belt CVT and then to an 8 belt CVT to run it all full power, all stages. Two steam engines run the grinder, with excess lube being produced. I swivel the bevel to charge coils when the extractor isn't in use.

Love this mod. It's definitely harder with the new basic coils holding significantly less MJ.
And you are doing it right. :)

kilteroff

Jul 29, 2019
This thread is awesome, see how neat RC is and how unique builds are? :)

I'm always amazed though by the more basic questions because I assume everyone else watches spotlights or reads wikis before jumping in. Thread after thread after thread I'm like ... have you not seen Danilus's videos?? that are linked on Reikas own site??[DOUBLEPOST=1394747867][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh and gasoline engines are the shit, if they're not your go-to for any lowish power demand build you're missing out imo, I use them constantly.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
This thread is awesome, see how neat RC is and how unique builds are? :)

I'm always amazed though by the more basic questions because I assume everyone else watches spotlights or reads wikis before jumping in. Thread after thread after thread I'm like ... have you not seen Danilus's videos?? that are linked on Reikas own site??
I had a guy earlier today demanding I give him the download link for RotaryCraft. When I told him to read the post, he replied "I WANNA PLAY, NOT READ".

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Ess em aytch.
It got better. When he finally tried it (and obviously failed miserably), he came back complaining that nothing worked and that I needed to "make stuff easier to think about, all that wiki book stuff is to [sic] complecated [sic]".

I told him he "provided no indication of the possession of the prerequisite cognitive power for RotaryCraft".
I am just waiting on him to demand I translate that into simple English for him, at which point he will probably not be very fond of me. :p

kilteroff

Jul 29, 2019
It got better. When he finally tried it (and obviously failed miserably), he came back complaining that nothing worked and that I needed to "make stuff easier to think about, all that wiki book stuff is to [sic] complecated [sic]".

I told him he "provided no indication of the possession of the prerequisite cognitive power for RotaryCraft".
I am just waiting on him to demand I translate that into simple English for him, at which point he will probably not be very fond of me. :p

Omfg lollll. Yea I didn't think it was my place to say that obviously RC is not for him, glad you handled it :D[DOUBLEPOST=1394753690][/DOUBLEPOST]"Here friend, this will get you started" http://bit.ly/1iGLsSb