Getting power from fusion reactor

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

khorozm

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if this has been asked, but I don't even know if the wiki is outdated.
I have set up a fusion reactor running 24/7, and here is my setup or outputting power

Fusion reactor --- Supercondensator --- Superconductor wire --- 16HV transformer parallel --- Glass fiber cable --- 16 IDSU Parallel

The fusion reactor should be outputting at 32,768 (16*2048)
And the supercondensator and superconductor should have no limit
The HV transformers should be able to split all the packets into HV
The IDSU should be able to receive all the power

But I only get 8192 EU/t
Why? And here are few questions:
1. Do energy storage units have a cap on how much do they receive per tick?
2. IC2 Wiki says HV transformers can only handle 2048 EU-p, but the supercondensator outputs at 8192-p

Thanks for helping :)

Exasperation

Jul 29, 2019
The supercondensator is limited to 8192/t output, so you would need four to handle the continuous output of a fusion reactor. I believe, however, that you can get rid of the supercondensators entirely; despite what the wiki says, I think the HVTs are limited to 2048/t each but can handle any pulse size. Probably best to try it out in creative first, just in case it's changed since the last version I tried it with.

I'm pretty sure energy storage units can accept any amount per tick up to their remaining free capacity (as long as the packet sizes are small enough for them to handle). It's getting the energy back out that's limited.