Getting Netherwart and Forestry Questions

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Paradisio

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, first post, hello all!

Me and my friends are all playing on a DW20, and well, everyone has the same problem... lack of netherwart. We seem to have explored huge amounts of nether, no fortress, no wart, is there any alternative ways to make one? A single piece to get us started?

Two, this might be more tech support, but it seems the blocks for the new forestry items like farm block aren't showing the recipes for us in NEI, is this expected? Or do we need to do something to fix this?

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
This is a simple case of the RNG being against you. You'll have to just explore even more of the nether and eventually you'll find your fortress.
I haven't had much luck breeding with IC2 crops: I've bred pumpkins, and lots of weeds :p

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Sometimes you get a lucky nether spawn, and find one close by- sometimes you dont.

If you know the world seed- regen, go creative and fly the nether till you find one and note the coordinates. (kinda cheating)
Install optifine, and set your render distance to max- a little laggy, but you can see a hell of a lot.​

My record is about 3000blocks (as the crow flies- about 5000 total) before finding one. -Portalguns or mystcraft very useful here.

My last 2 worlds I've gone a fair way to find one, then found a second one a lot closer. (almost totally buried in netherrack- part of 1 tower sticking out, the rest fully hidden)

Until then- make netherbrick in a compressor, and the gregtech centrifuge can split magma cream into slime and blaze dust.

Scaffolding

Jul 29, 2019
Nether Fortresses tend to follow after each other in series, if you go East or West. So you guys just need to find only one fortress and if it isn't a good Fort then continue to go East or West to find the next one.