Getting Golems to function like they should

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

HangingLotus

Jul 29, 2019
What am i doing wrong here? ive got a clay golem with an alchemy core to help fill up warded jars. ive used the golem bell to tell it what to do and it just stands there like a lump. also the little jar it supposed to have does not show up and its arms clip into the side of the golem with the jar showing up after relogging. Help?

Ive never been able to get golems to function right.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Does the warded Jar have any essetia in it yet?

And is it a decanting golem or a alchemy golem?(IIRC those are very different)

HangingLotus

Jul 29, 2019
it is an alchemy golem and the jars have essentia in them. ive tried a decanting golem and ended up with the same result (the golem does nothing).

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Hm, not sure then. I admit I haven't used golems in TC4.1 yet. IIRC I had little trouble getting them to move essentia back in TC4, but I always prestocked my jars and kept them well within their sight range(and linked them to both the jars I had on the alembics and the jars I wanted them to fill).

coolbrz

Jul 29, 2019
I havent had an issue with mine yet. Make sure when you put him down that you are clicking the alc furnace so hes "attached" to that. Then you need to use the golem bell to mark the jars he can fill. You only need to mark the jar at one end of a row as long as jars are placed next to each other he will "see" all the other jars in the row.

Reactions: YX33A and RedBoss

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
What @coolbrz said. Anytime you have an issue with a golem, try assigning it to it's goal with the golemancer's bell. That usually fixes the issue.

HangingLotus

Jul 29, 2019
well coolbrz's insight solved the issue. apparently i was connecting the golem to the block i placed it on and NOT the alchemical furnace. i must have overlooked that in the thauminomicon lol.

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't really state that clearly but all golems that are going to be tied to something rather have to be tied at placement or through a bell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk