Getting Biomes o'Plenty to work on Unleashed...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Awoigre

Jul 29, 2019
So, we stupidly didn't enable this mod before we did our worldgen. Fair enough, we can enable it now and load new chunks, yay funky biomes. Or so we thought. Using the mod manager in the CreeperHost.net control panel (CP) we enabled BoP serverside, and in our FtB launchers too. Exploring the nether a bit, we find... yay! Undergardens! Boneyards! Seems like it's working!

However, in the overworld, we still can find only vanilla biomes. We found the main.cfg file in the 'biomesoplenty' folder on our PCs and set "Add Biomes To Default World"=true. I really want to find server.properties in the creeperhost.net CP but that seems to be out. I've teleported to extreme areas (think x = -40000, z = -40000) and when I don't find ocean (bloody ocean!!) I find more vanilla.

Furthermore, recipes like "Ancient Staff" seem to require items such as rubies which don't exist in the current world. So we are wondering; what the heck do we have to do to enable BoP worldgen in our current world? We have done FAR too much stuff to consider starting anew.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
I'm afraid you'll need the server.properties. In it, you have to change the world type to BIOMESOP, rather than DEFAULT. Otherwise it won't generate the biomes. Also, it'll cause the world-gen to restart and there'll be a huge border between already generated chunks and newly generated chunks.

Reactions: Bibble

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Note that (last I checked) this isn't available in the manager for creeperhost, you'll need to FTP in, transfer the file, change it, and transfer it back.

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
Use FTPZilla works great. To connect all the info is in your creeper server info. Just plug in the IP address and the password and you should be good to go.. There is a couple of tutorials
on creeper host also I think on how to do it.

default user is minecraft
and use sftp

Awoigre

Jul 29, 2019
So I FTP'ed my way in, changed server.properties to have level-type=BIOMESOP, and restarted my server... teleported to unloaded chunks and still no BoP biomes. This is getting frustrating... I really want to find the new stuff.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
So I FTP'ed my way in, changed server.properties to have level-type=BIOMESOP, and restarted my server... teleported to unloaded chunks and still no BoP biomes. This is getting frustrating... I really want to find the new stuff.

I'm not sure whether it'd need a world restart to let the generator know what's going on. Try backing up the world, or just change the name to something else and see if it generates then.

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
Do you mean changing the world name in server.properties?

Think you have to restart the world. Its an option under Minecraft in creeperhost.. Or you can just delete the world folder in FTP. And restart. Also CreeperHost has BiomePlenty disabled automatically you need to turn it back on in the options also.
Be aware their is also a bug in BiomesPlenty where you get ID mismatches. You will have to updated Biomes to latest version also (if you already have not). Thats why its disabled in creeper host in the first place.

Awoigre

Jul 29, 2019
Restarting the world is out... we've put too much time into this one. I guess we'll have to live without BoP for now. Thanks to everyone who posted in the thread to help :)

FrozenBrain

Jul 29, 2019
It is possible to add BoP to an already generated world (we have successfully done that). In addition to enabling the mod and editing our server configuration (server.properties) I also set BIOMESOP as the world generator in the level.dat file of our existing world. You can do that with tools like NBT Explorer. But please back up your world before messing with it :)