Getting ahead of the competition

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dmyster

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys

So my server is going to be resetting pretty soon and i wanted to know if there we any tricks to getting ahead right off the bat? Its a mindcrack server and I'm one of the mods.

Im not asking for early game power strategies or dupes or anything. I just want to know what you guys do to get ahead of the rest!

Ps. Do end asteroids spawn endlessly if flying in one direction or are they just by the main land ?

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
Use lava for power and build nano armour. Upgrade your chest plate to a advanced nano chestplate (adv. jetpack + nano chest). Idk what else to say here. I think it's one of the best ways, even tho it's boring as hell.

You should rather force yourself on some more creative ways to create power, doing the fastest thing possible isn't always the right thing.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Get an iron pick axe so you can mine diamonds, make diamond armour, kill the end dragon before everyone else....

Um.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I was thinking.

What if the server had some sort of economy. You could make a killing selling high-quality bees or alveary components, early game. It's just time intensive, but if you have enough apiaries, the probability that you will get the mutations is quite high. It'll also keep you ultra busy, keep all 16 going.

If you really have this "getting ahead" mindset, go mine till the cows come home, set up a quarry, and fuck around with Mystcraft until you get an ore world, then quarry that. You'll be ahead in no time.

cynric

Jul 29, 2019
The first question would be: getting ahead of the competition in what way? What are the win conditions on that server? What are you trying to accomplish before everyone else? You really need to describe your goals, as there are no predefined goals in minecraft or the modpacks (maybe besides survival, but that is taken care of in the first hour or so).

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys

So my server is going to be resetting pretty soon and i wanted to know if there we any tricks to getting ahead right off the bat? Its a mindcrack server and I'm one of the mods.

Get DartCraft installed, but don't tell anybody else. By the time they find out, you'll be making storage blocks out of netherstars.

Reactions: Zxays

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
The thing is, the only thing someone else needs to surpass you is more time on their hands. If they play twelve hours to your three or four, it doesn't matter how many tricks you use, they'll be ahead. Unless quarries, those run full time. Do what Birch said, mine tons and tons, strip mining or whatever, and then make a bunch of small quarries. If it's speed you're going for, then it's better to do that than have a max sized one, as you'll reach deep ores faster. Maybe invest in a turtle quarry program that perfectly automates everything.

That said, slag furnace has a chance of doubling ores, so you should use that until you get a pulverizer/macerator.