GeoStrata Pendants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
There's also BetterStorage backpacks. ;)

Protip: Peridotite looks very nice alongside Witchwood from Ars Magica. ;) Likewise, GeoStrata Sandstone looks really great with Greatwood logs.

Reactions: Padfoote

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Actually I use them and I still struggle to mine longer then 5 mins. I think what I need is a portable trashcan OR I can just keep one in my inventory and place it when I'm full but I still have to do the inventory shuffle either way.

It doesn't matter anymore I run a custom pack without Geostrata, so I think my opinion has been stretched I can't say anything new about the mod, so I think I will stop for a while.

I also totaly derailed this thread didn't I... Didn't think my 2 cents could do it.

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
I also totaly derailed this thread didn't I... Didn't think my 2 cents could do it.

We must need to install Railcraft for Forums, clearly Vanilla Forums are derailed too easily. :p

That said, I'd totally love to have a portable trash can--someone call RWTema. ;)

Reactions: Not_Steve

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
That's the beauty of this mod is that it forces players to rethink how the set things up. Be it how they mine or how they set up their AE network. It gives it a more real world feel to storage, to the mining. This mod fits exceptionally well with the theme of reika's mods.

Capital_Mayhem

Jul 29, 2019
I know I'm a bit late to the party here but if you don't like the geostrata cobble then an itemduct with a pneumatic servo (or fuzzy export bus or anything that can ignore meta-data) pumped into a unifier can convert it to regular (cobble)stone if you like.

As for the building types I personally love the stone and use them relatively regularly.

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
Most of those potion crystals are quite clear on what they buff if turned into pendants but some of them arent that clear for me. Could some1 list the effects of all the pendants @Reika?

the ones im most curious for are the white, black and purple

4oursword

Jul 29, 2019
I missed Geostrata stone when I played a pack without it, MC looks weird to me now without it. At first I found it frustrating to have so much stone to deal with, but now it just feels right. I've yet to build with any of them, but I'm sure I will do in time. Geostrata is now a must-have mod for me.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Most of those potion crystals are quite clear on what they buff if turned into pendants but some of them arent that clear for me. Could some1 list the effects of all the pendants @Reika?

the ones im most curious for are the white, black and purple
Purple causes mobs you kill to drop more (or at least some for things like villagers) XP.]
White clears potion effects.
Black clears mob AI, something that can be propagated to mobs you hit.

I missed Geostrata stone when I played a pack without it, MC looks weird to me now without it. At first I found it frustrating to have so much stone to deal with, but now it just feels right. I've yet to build with any of them, but I'm sure I will do in time. Geostrata is now a must-have mod for me.
The mind control crystals are working. :p

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
One last question from me: Does the advanced version of those 3 change anything? I know white would stay the same but what about black and purple?

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
It would also be laggy. However, hitting them transfers the effect, or lack thereof.

Does "hitting them" include arrow fire? Hmm... *contemplates means of weaponizing*

...I wonder if there's a way to give a fake player both a pendant and a ranged attack in the Nether... :p

Capital_Mayhem

Jul 29, 2019
What about the blue (night vision) pendant? Is night vision II or even III any different than the original?

By the way as a minor bug report the magenta pendant doesn't work quite as intended because of the regen timer being 0:00

Veggetossj

Jul 29, 2019
By the way as a minor bug report the magenta pendant doesn't work quite as intended because of the regen timer being 0:00

Same goes for several other pendants when ur in the Nether (effects reverse) Example: fire resistance lights u on fire in the Nether, but since timer is 0:00, u dont receive any fire damage.

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
It would also be laggy. However, hitting them transfers the effect, or lack thereof.
There's a bug where wearing pendants of any kind will transmit ALL crystal related buffs. Say I wear a brown pendant for saturation and I am just sitting by a pink crystal? The moment I hit something they get STRENGTH! Even tho I have no pink pendant! I just happened to go by a pink crystal!

Also: The white pendant clears all other pendants if it's to the right of them in teh inventory, but doesn't clean the other pendants if it's to the left. I guess that's how the inventory works...

Status
Not open for further replies.