General FTB Modpacks question

Unata

Jul 29, 2019
Are there a "general" set of java arguments FTB recommends we use with the popular modpacks (DW20. Monster,etc)? I'm trying to get rid of some minor lag spikes and the post I get referred to searching has big red letters saying it is no longer valid and lordy that's some string!

Just some basic ones to try, I've a fairly decent machine, Intel i7 4820, 16 gigs, 64bit OS

Appreciate any suggestion.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
My good friend @Qazplm601 came up with some updated arguments that work excellently.

just like to share my java ARGs with all you guys. increases FPS by a bit, not much for ticks, but decreases new chunk generating time by a lot and smooths out your FPS.

-XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CICompilerCountPerCPU -XX:+TieredCompilation -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+BindGCTaskThreadsToCPUs -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:NewRatio=3 -XX:SurvivorRatio=3 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=80 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=8 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=50 -XX:MaxGCMinorPauseMillis=7 -XX:+ExplicitGCInvokesConcurrent

Sent from my Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System using Tapatalk

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
flesh craft the mod that dies and is resurrected periodically on the forums and has a sentient life form that does functions similar to AE
I know what Fleshcraft is... But why is it here?

*presses like button*

Sent from my Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System using Tapatalk