GasCraft - need help with lag

MajPayne21

Jul 29, 2019
If this continues to be a problem, I will either re-gen the chunks or set the ID to zero. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

MajPayne21

Jul 29, 2019
New problem!

In my quest to figure out how this natural gas stuff works, I dove into the Engineers' Toolbox mod and made some fracking modules. However, when I set them up correctly, they output oil no matter what type of shale resource they are placed on.

I found what is clearly a shale oil resource (bedrock with black accents), but WAILA thinks it is "shale gas" (probably because they both share a block ID. Gas is no metadata, Oil is metadata 1). If I put the fracker on it, no surprise, I get oil.

However, I also have some of the shale gas resources mined up from a quarry plus. They are clearly shale gas, WAILA identifies them as shale gas, and they have ID 2116 with no metadata. If I place them in the world and set them up to frack with slickwater, they output oil. This may be a bug with placing them in-world after they have been mined by a quarry, but they show up with the correct texture and metadata in my inventory. This may also be a bug with fluid dictionary registry or several other things, but I thought I'd bring it up.

In Monster 1.1.2, has anyone else attempted fracking shale gas? I get oil as an output no matter what.

Thanks in advance!

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
I've done fracking of shale gas in Monster 1.1.2 and it gave the expected gas. Notably, I also did this with a quarried shale resource that I placed in the world after the fact. What I did not try was shale oil -- I couldn't find any. Also, quarrying the shale resources is almost certainly a bug, but oh, so convenient.

MajPayne21

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, thanks for the info. I have to admit, this whole process is pretty frustrating, with the modular sockets and the configuration and slickwater, only to get the wrong product at the end. And then you only get 60 rf/t out of one gas generator. I think I'm throwing up my hands on this one.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
I think the gas works in a compression dynamo, which is effectively equivalent to adding water for an extra 20 RF/t, all else being equal. Might not burn for as long, though.

And yes, my experience with EToolbox has been that it's a really neat idea, but the execution falls flat on its face in several places. But it's still fun in spite of that.

Reactions: Padfoote