[Game Thread] Trouble in terrorist town

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I'm not sure what's going on with Pyure, but he seems to be much more insane than usual this game. I would vote him, but this
In all fairness, this tunnelling has gotten boring. Full disclosure time.

I'm the psychopath. My target for tonight is Pyure. In doing so my role will be revealed publically as per the rolesheet.

Hope you're certain of your arsonist buddy Pyure. They say actions speak louder than words after all.
makes me inclined to allow Pyure to live a bit longer, as that would allow much more information to be thrown onto the game thread.

Mr. Arsonist Guy, I'd recommend not protecting Pyure tonight, unless you're absolutely certain that he does have a strong town role (i.e. Detective or Investigator).

Not sure who to vote yet; I'll figure that out by day's end.

Reactions: profrags

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm not sure what's going on with Pyure, but he seems to be much more insane than usual this game. I would vote him, but this

makes me inclined to allow Pyure to live a bit longer, as that would allow much more information to be thrown onto the game thread.

Mr. Arsonist Guy, I'd recommend not protecting Pyure tonight, unless you're absolutely certain that he does have a strong town role (i.e. Detective or Investigator).

Not sure who to vote yet; I'll figure that out by day's end.
Who are your top town/scum dude? If you didn't feel like lynching me or RJS, who would you lynch right now?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Who are your top town/scum dude? If you didn't feel like lynching me or RJS, who would you lynch right now?
Pffft, I dunno. I'll probably vote Leth, if only because I don't agree with some of his reasoning. Ridicuweak reasoning on my part, I know, but as most of the discussion today has focused on you and RJS, I don't have much else to go on.

Jus2beast

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, it seems as the choice is either Pyure or RJS....(Don't see much reasoning for voting someone else based on what has been said) For now Il vote Someone else 37 I guess after tonight we will know who was lying and who wasn't.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Vote tally:
SE37 (2) <- Ruby, Beast
Letho <- SE37
LegitKC <- ActualKC
Pyure (2) <- Vikes, RJS
Return <- Nojr
RJS <- Pyure

A stunningly high number of 7 people have already voted!
That is 50% guys! And only two hours until day's end.
But seriously...
@RealKC
@fowltief
@Shazam08
@Lethosos
@profrags

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
If anyone buys RJS's psychopath story and would like to pursue Vikestep instead, I'm into that. After chatting with RJS I'll allow that its plausible. I also really hate to drive a lynch on people who provide a provable role.

R

ReturnofMCH

@Pyure how can you be so sure RJS is scum without a copcheck?
I'm a tad confused,but I'll go wrong with my main scumread from earlier.
Vote: Vikestep

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Now we're talking.

RJS: We have a deal. You "psychopath" me, which will prove your role. Arsonist: I'm not going to tell you what to do here. You decide whether or not you want to protect me based on your own intel.

Vote Vikestep the even wolfier wolf.

Calling it now: 1 wolf dead, and either a proven wolf or a proven villager. Highfives all around.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Yeah, it seems as the choice is either Pyure or RJS....(Don't see much reasoning for voting someone else based on what has been said) For now Il vote Someone else 37 I guess after tonight we will know who was lying and who wasn't.
Why do people keep voting for my Antismite? ...

Anyways, people, we now know with 99% certainty that J and Nojr are not traitors, right? Since J claims to have been protected after Nojr claimed to have successfully protected J, J must have been attacked at night and since no other people were succesfully protected by an arsonist (Erin mentioned only one arsonist's power being used last night), his attacker was most likely a traitor, so that would probably make J a non-traitor.
My top non-traitor reads are therefore J and Nojr

The last few games, the wolves had a trend of being very inactive in the game thread. If there's anything I learnt from that, it's that the chances of lynching a wolf by voting for the non-actives, is higher than those chances when voting for the ones who lead the discussion. Also, those discussion leaders, especially if they are this active, are rarely ever wolves.
Therefore I do not think Pyure or RJS are traitors.

The more inactive players, however...
Vike might be a traitor who is just using RJS as a meat shield.
Letho is half-present (like me, I might add*).
RealKC seems to have enough time to keep up with the thread, but doesn't mingle in discussion that much. I wonder what's up with that.
Shazam seems to be his asking, analyzing, non-claiming, non-protecting, non-accusing self, just like always. Apart from Pyure's "tone" read there is really nothing that makes this guy look more traitor-y or terrorist-y to me.
SE is... trying?
Fowl is being Fowl. I just can't read this guy...
Both ReturnOfMCH and Jus2beast seem to be rather absent, but they are new, so I don't know if that really tells us anything.

Anyone I have not mentioned is super suspicious, since they did not show up on my radar at all and are therefore too inactive.
Looking at the player list, those are: just Profrags :p

Vote Lethosos (This ties Vike, Letho and Pyure as lead lynch candidates. Nope, Pyure "sniped" me. Vike (3) is the lead, followed by tied Pyure and Letho (2).)

*Tomorrow it's weekend, but I will be updating my modpack, so I will be available, but not really that active.

Git gud m8
Edited.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
There's almost no way J and Nojr can be traitors. They'd have to know that an arsonist was going to trigger the arsonist notification.

Even if they said "let's not kill anyone, and I'll pretend I saved you", then the arsonist message wouldn't trigger at all. They're clean.

016Nojr

Dec 11, 2013
Norway
I feel like the wolfkill is hitting either me or the_j tonight. It's been a good time, bye!

My last wish: vote Vike

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
You are going to be the next GM and you're going to make him a wolf?
Big's the next GM, Rob. :p

@Shazam08, you too please.
Sure! How about we stick with Robijn?
  • The extra Detective role has been confirmed by Erin.
  • The extra Arsonist is very possible and even more likely if we believe Pyure (and his source).
  • Then there would probably be an extra Terrorist.
  • And an extra GIGN or an extra basic Traitor.
I should really get some sleep...
Styles differ between players, but scum would likely post this in the wolf convo where they could work out specific dupes with their team. Nojr isn't a terrible bet, either; J believes his arsonist claim, and there's no reason for a wolf to eagerly take responsibility for a protection anyway. Mind if I give an honest assessment of you, Pyure?

You're hunting more aggressively than in previous games, though it may just be a side effect of your high activity. Your top scum are exclusively people who have disagreed with you- a tactic you'd use if you were trying to direct general discussion, which you've done regardless of alignment in the past. The aggression works in your favor, too, since it's typically a town trait (See: Frederikam). I think I'd give you a slight townread if there was a gun to my head, but it's a moot point if RJS a) kills you tonight or b) eventually flips scum.

I'll vote Vikestep as well, since he's interacted with enough people to provide a lot of information on death. He doesn't seem to be defending himself, either.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Vote Tally:
VikeStep (5) - Shazam, Fowl, Nojr, Pyure, ReturnofMCH
Lethosos (2) - Someone Else 37, Robin
RealKC (1) - RealKC
Pyure (1) - RJS
Someone Else 37 (1) - Jus2beast

Still need to vote:
@Lethosos
@the_j485
@profrags

Day end in about 20 minutes

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry. More shenanigans. But I did read and digest on this.

Vote Vikestep

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk