[Game Thread] Trouble in Terrorist Town 2

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Scottly318: Guilty-ish due to lack of evidence. (Edit: ninja-edited to neutral due to feedback)
Someone Else 37: Guilty-ish due to lack of evidence.
Lethosos: Neutral. Guilty-ish due to word choice ("after some thought"), Town due to claim.
016nojr: Guilty-ish due to logging on solely to obfuscate
the_j485: Inno due to tone
Robijnvogel: Inno due to vote info
Shazam08: Guilty-ish due to lack of evidence.
Pyure: Neutral
fowltief: Inno due to claim
RealKC: Guilty-ish due to lack of evidence.
RJS: Neutral. Awesome appearance of wolfhunting, but I hate that he's published power roles
dragon_fang101: Guilty-ish due to lack of evidence.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Unofficial vote tally.

Lethosos
(2): RJS, SE37
SE37 (2): Robijnvogel, RealKC
The_J (2): Scottly, Lethosos
Pyure (2): 016Nojr, The_J (and thanks for your janky tradition votes, jerks)
Nojr (1): Pyure
Fowltief (1): Shazam08
Dragon_fang (1): Fowltief
Unvoted: @dragon_fang101

RJS: Lethosos
Someone Else 37: Lethosos
Robijnvogel: Someone Else 37
RealKC: Someone Else 37
Scottly: the_J
Lethosos: The_J
016Nojr: Pyure
The_J: Pyure
Pyure: Nojr
Shazam08: fowltief
fowltief: dragon_fang
dragon_fang: ?????

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I promised myself I'd vote whoever broke the 4-way tie. Didn't expect it to be dragonfang, but whatever: wolves should hate this tie.

vote dragon_fang.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I promised myself I'd vote whoever broke the 4-way tie. Didn't expect it to be dragonfang, but whatever: wolves should hate this tie.

vote dragon_fang.
I was thinking it would depend on who was voted for. He went for you. That smells wolfy.

Vote dragon_fang

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Stop your presses and hold your phones, I'm back in time to get Pyure lynched. Power flows through me.

First off, though, a message from our sponsors:
@Shazam08 you're way too quiet.
My schedule's packed Patience is, uh, a virtue? Really though.
What are your grand thoughts on the matters at hand? Speak up dude.
Glad you asked! Lightning sketch since I've got about 30 minutes till day end:
  • You (Pyure) and RJS were driving most of the discussion today, so kudos and minor town points to you both. 4 pages isn't bad for D1.
  • This looked like an attempt at pocketing, from fowl to RJS
  • Fowl claimed Medic and Leth claimed Psychopath, which were the two biggest developments. If there's a D.Arsonist with eyes he'll protect Fowl tonight, who can prove himself tomorrow if he's legit. Leth's role is super easy to verify; Self-proving is built into his power usage. If he doesn't kill someone tonight, it may be wise to get him to kill someone tomorrow. I'm not up to 100% believe the two claims, but it'd be stupid to lynch either of them before they have a chance to be proven (which should be priority #1 tomorrow).
  • Leth thinks I'm a wolf without explaining why, which is sort of fair since I've been a silent Shaz. Keep on with your bad self.
  • You listed Rob as inno because he did a vote tally. That was sarcasm, right? He always does those. :p
  • I agree with the tiebreaker-wolf line of reasoning, but it may be misplaced (more on this below).

vote dragon_fang.

I was thinking it would depend on who was voted for. He went for you. That smells wolfy.

Vote dragon_fang
(If my math is right, Dragon and Pyure are currently tied at 3).

So: In a vacuum, this makes sense. Wolves hate ties when any one of their members are involved, because under most GMs grumble grumble that leads to uncertainty and possible team-death, so it's naturally more likely for a wolf to try and break the tie near the end of the day. Realistically, though, this is dragon's first post in his first game since march. I'm not crazy confident the move was planned.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Today the terrorists could not decide who to lynch, the new guy, or the old veteran. Eventually, they decided to flip a coin, and dragon_fang101 was sent to the gallows. The next morning, the_j485 was found dead, forever sleeping in his bed. Rumors that someone had found a traitor spread through town.

Dragon_fang101 was lynched! He was a member of the Terrorists!

The_J485 was killed! He was immediately investigated and found to be a Hostile Arsonist!

A Private Investigator found a (vanilla) Traitor!

016Nojr

Dec 11, 2013
Norway
@Pyure, I have said it before, but I dnt like trying to "wolf-hunt" early on because it will either.
A: Get me lynched the first night
B: Make town lose horribly to the wolves

With that being said, antismite pyure <3

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
A Private Investigator found a (vanilla) Traitor!
@EveryoneElse
Who do you think the PI investigated? Fowl or Letho (because they roleclaimed) or Pyure or RJS (because they are very active) would be the one I would have scanned if I were the PI.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
@EveryoneElse
Who do you think the PI investigated? Fowl or Letho (because they roleclaimed) or Pyure or RJS (because they are very active) would be the one I would have scanned if I were the PI.
Theory- One of those names fits the bill based on behavior. To plagiarize the shit out of RJS:

I'm actually going to townlean Pyure, because he's tied first in the votes and yet hasn't gone all vocally aggressive in his defense. Therefore I suspect he's a bog-standard terrorist simply because that's one of the few times he might consider himself expendable.

Consider a similar scenario where Pyure's a vanilla traitor rather than a vanilla terrorist. He'd think he was expendable enough to chill on his defense, but not so worthless as to let himself be lynched.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Stop your presses and hold your phones, I'm back in time to get Pyure lynched. Power flows through me.
Better late than never I guess.

• You (Pyure) and RJS were driving most of the discussion today, so kudos and minor town points to you both. 4 pages isn't bad for D1.
That's not saying much. But I'll accept the kudos considering there's only a dozen of us.

• This looked like an attempt at pocketing, from fowl to RJS
  • Fowl claimed Medic and Leth claimed Psychopath, which were the two biggest developments. If there's a D.Arsonist with eyes he'll protect Fowl tonight, who can prove himself tomorrow if he's legit. Leth's role is super easy to verify; Self-proving is built into his power usage. If he doesn't kill someone tonight, it may be wise to get him to kill someone tomorrow. I'm not up to 100% believe the two claims, but it'd be stupid to lynch either of them before they have a chance to be proven (which should be priority #1 tomorrow).
* If you're just trying to cast shade here, sorry, I have to disagree on the pocketing. If he had gone into detail about how dangerous/awesome a player RJS is, I'd consider it, but this just looks like frenship fluff to me.

* This is why I'm happy to leave role-claimers alone. There aren't a lot that are inherently non-provable.
I forget what comments he made, but no, I didn't care about the tally itself.

(If my math is right, Dragon and Pyure are currently tied at 3).
I swear by all that's holy, I went to bed last night figuring I was scheduled to be lynched. Not sure where my math went wrong. Praise RNG gods I suppose that I get another day.

So: In a vacuum, this makes sense. Wolves hate ties when any one of their members are involved, because under most GMs grumble grumble that leads to uncertainty and possible team-death, so it's naturally more likely for a wolf to try and break the tie near the end of the day. Realistically, though, this is dragon's first post in his first game since march. I'm not crazy confident the move was planned.
I'll give you the first-vote thing. But seriously, if I counted right, there were 4 ties at the time. That's 8 players out of 12. There almost HAD to be wolves in that selection, and as a wolf, I do whatever I can to break that tie, even if I get lynched the next day. Note that he could have voted in such a way that DIDN'T break that tie. Given a repeat of this scenario I'd make this decision again.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
robijnvogel said:
Vote ... SE, because he voted Vike, which looked like a mistake and I tried to hide my role once by making a mistake on purpose
And this vote is mainly an attempt to save Fowl, because I don't want to risk lynching the medic.
robijnvogel said:
Voting you is always good, regardless of whether you are a wolf or not. :p
robijnvogel said:
Note that, however I was the one who did the vote tally, I did not notice that Pyure had two votes on him as well. Otherwise I would have put a (2) behind his name.
@Shazam08, what are your thoughts on Robijn's activity yesterday? I had given him a town lean but i'd be curious about your own interpretation.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Vote Nojr because I still want him to die horribly.

@Pyure, I have said it before, but I dnt like trying to "wolf-hunt" early on because it will either.
A: Get me lynched the first night
B: Make town lose horribly to the wolves
Which is always a perfect cover for wolf!you.

016Nojr

Dec 11, 2013
Norway
Sure, I can even roleclaim one of the potential people to be scanned. I am one (most likely) of the vanilla terrorists. I watched (Look at edit) last night.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
New day, new appraisals.

• I'm very wolf-lean on Nojr. His only participation is to show up, vote me, watch people die, and disappear. Also, nobody should be antismiting on D2. Ninja'd by claim.
  • I'm wolf lean on RJS. His "defense" of me seems uncharacteristically pockety. He forcibly published two role claims I'd just as soon not see published. He joined my lynch on dragon_fang (yes I hold that against him).=
  • I'm wolf-lean on Lethosos. His vote pattern reads laisse-faire. Don't like his tone.
  • I'm ... town lean on Shazam. I don't really see much useful in his bigger analysis post but this reads hard town: "Consider a similar scenario where Pyure's a vanilla traitor rather than a vanilla terrorist. He'd think he was expendable enough to chill on his defense, but not so worthless as to let himself be lynched."

Everyone else is a bunch of yucky neutrals mostly due to inactivity. (May extend this list after my 10AM meeting)

Switching my vote off Nojr due to claim, notwithstanding its a wussy vanilla-town claim) and going with Vote RJS.