[Game Thread] Trouble in Terrorist Town 2

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
@Shazam08 you're way too quiet. What are your grand thoughts on the matters at hand? Speak up dude.

Very well then, I claim medic. If you can afford to lose me, then by all means. Leave your vote. Going to enjoy the rest of my lunch now.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk
Ugh, you didn't really need to surrender your claim yet. Aren't you tied on votes with peeps (e.g. me probably)

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Quick vote tally:

Fowl (2) <- Letho, Shaz
SE <- RealKC
Letho <- SE
Robin <- Robin
J <- Scott
Pyure <- Nojr, J
Fang <- Fowl
Shaz <- RJS
Nojr <- Pyure

Haven't voted yet:
@dragon_fang101

Vote ... SE, because he voted Vike, which looked like a mistake and I tried to hide my role once by making a mistake on purpose
And this vote is mainly an attempt to save Fowl, because I don't want to risk lynching the medic.

fowltief

Jul 29, 2019
@Shazam08 you're way too quiet. What are your grand thoughts on the matters at hand? Speak up dude.

Ugh, you didn't really need to surrender your claim yet. Aren't you tied on votes with peeps (e.g. me probably)
Doing now made more sense.. I might be a bit busy later and may not be able to respond by end of day. Or be able to get others to change votes... plus doing it now makes me less suspicious then claiming it closer to the end clock. Either way it's out there now, I've changed he playing field and will see what happens now. :) I'm not accustomed to being in this position.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pyure

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Sept 21, 2016.

Kidding aside: Concur. Especially about D1 roleclaiming. I got screwed by it a game or two ago but sometimes its your best bet.

Leth I wasn't excited by your random vote with "thought" behind it. Could I get your 3 favorite wolves as of now?

RJS, could I get yours as well?

Mine are:
  • Nojr (obfuscating the game by voting me D1...again)
  • Lethosos ("thought" comment)
  • Fowltief (Using the classic "you'll regret it if you lynch me" defense. Dunno who would ever use that defense)
My favorite town is prolly
  • the_J (tone read).
  • Me
  • Vikestep (!! I just don't have a third town)

My favorite lynch is Nojr because I hate it when people cloud the game and if I have to (probably) mislynch someone, at least I've accomplished something positive.

I'd put my wolves at present thus far:

Lethosos (unlike games in recent memory he's being proactive)
Robijn (Reasoning for SE is about as weak as I've ever seen it - and there are better ways to try and protect ol' fowltief than voting SE)
Scottly (fairly minor, but the whole 'because reasons' makes me feel he's trying to look legit, which makes me think he in fact isn't legit.)

I'm not 100% sold on fowl's claim but I'm willing to play along with it for now - there shouldn't be any shortage of opportunities for him to prove himself should we need it. Nojr's behaviour isn't wolfish IMO, it's just Nojr-ish.

As for my town picks:

I'm so townie it hurts.
I'm going to lean fowl here, simply because an early claim makes sense. You need to give people time to respond to it, otherwise 90% of people don't see it until the lynch is over.
I'm actually going to townlean Pyure, because he's tied first in the votes and yet hasn't gone all vocally aggressive in his defense. Therefore I suspect he's a bog-standard terrorist simply because that's one of the few times he might consider himself expendable.

I don't feel like there's enough to lean either way on the J, and I'm still pretty neutral on most other people thus far, mostly due to the large majority of them being very quiet

Reactions: Pyure and fowltief

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'd put my wolves at present thus far:

Lethosos (unlike games in recent memory he's being proactive)
Robijn (Reasoning for SE is about as weak as I've ever seen it - and there are better ways to try and protect ol' fowltief than voting SE)
Scottly (fairly minor, but the whole 'because reasons' makes me feel he's trying to look legit, which makes me think he in fact isn't legit.)

I'm not 100% sold on fowl's claim but I'm willing to play along with it for now - there shouldn't be any shortage of opportunities for him to prove himself should we need it. Nojr's behaviour isn't wolfish IMO, it's just Nojr-ish.

As for my town picks:

I'm so townie it hurts.
I'm going to lean fowl here, simply because an early claim makes sense. You need to give people time to respond to it, otherwise 90% of people don't see it until the lynch is over.
I'm actually going to townlean Pyure, because he's tied first in the votes and yet hasn't gone all vocally aggressive in his defense. Therefore I suspect he's a bog-standard terrorist simply because that's one of the few times he might consider himself expendable.

I don't feel like there's enough to lean either way on the J, and I'm still pretty neutral on most other people thus far, mostly due to the large majority of them being very quiet

For the record, I'm gonna suggest everyone just leave fowl the hell alone. My policy is to trust roleclaims unless you have a decent reason not to. If he's really a medic, good chance we'll see an attack on him tonight via one of the 14 million various methods the Traitors have for killing people. ( I think they all have killing powers or some such, including one which bypasses everything in the universe?)

Could you explain how you figure there are "better ways" to protect fowltief than to vote someone else? If I were voting fowltief right now, I'd be switching votes to someone else (lower case) right now myself. What's a "better way" than that?

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
In fact, I don't know why I didn't change my vote to Lethosos. I think a little pressure may go a long way here.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
For the record, I'm gonna suggest everyone just leave fowl the hell alone. My policy is to trust roleclaims unless you have a decent reason not to. If he's really a medic, good chance we'll see an attack on him tonight via one of the 14 million various methods the Traitors have for killing people. ( I think they all have killing powers or some such, including one which bypasses everything in the universe?)

Could you explain how you figure there are "better ways" to protect fowltief than to vote someone else? If I were voting fowltief right now, I'd be switching votes to someone else (lower case) right now myself. What's a "better way" than that?

Voting you.

Reactions: Robijnvogel

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I actually don't have anything beyond Shazam being a possible wolf. Only reason he isn't voted on is that he ranks high on my skill list and that he hasn't said anything yet.

Also, can't I try to be proactive every once in a while? The D1 vote is really more of a sacrificial vote to see what evidence comes up. The Fowl vote is random and chosen from the low-skill list of players.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I wasn't talking from my perspective. If, as Robijn, I was uber keen on saving fowl and that was my primary motive, the voting you would have been a better way of doing it since you both had two votes at the time. He reduced the lynch chance of fowl to 33% when it could have been dropped to 0%.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I actually don't have anything beyond Shazam being a possible wolf. Only reason he isn't voted on is that he ranks high on my skill list and that he hasn't said anything yet.

Also, can't I try to be proactive every once in a while? The D1 vote is really more of a sacrificial vote to see what evidence comes up. The Fowl vote is random and chosen from the low-skill list of players.

You can, but it will make people suspicious. Care to claim a role Leth? After all, as far as I can tell fowl's contributed more to recent games. If we're going to openly bring in the idea of knocking off 'low-skill' players (which by the way is an approach that I really don't like, and a way of thinking that I try to avoid) right now you're higher up that lynchlist for me.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
A quick look notes that Shazam did vote, but I'm not sure of the reason.

Vote the_J because I'm not keen on voting with a potential wolf right now.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
You can, but it will make people suspicious. Care to claim a role Leth? After all, as far as I can tell fowl's contributed more to recent games. If we're going to openly bring in the idea of knocking off 'low-skill' players (which by the way is an approach that I really don't like, and a way of thinking that I try to avoid) right now you're higher up that lynchlist for me.
Fowl is actually more of a highish low tier. Besides, I can't very well put a vote on Scotty right off the bat without knowing his skill level.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
I wasn't talking from my perspective. If, as Robijn, I was uber keen on saving fowl and that was my primary motive, the voting you would have been a better way of doing it since you both had two votes at the time. He reduced the lynch chance of fowl to 33% when it could have been dropped to 0%.

Note that, however I was the one who did the vote tally, I did not notice that Pyure had two votes on him as well. Otherwise I would have put a (2) behind his name.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Officially, I'll roleclaim Psychopath.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Call me crazy, but I'd rather see a bit less requests-for-claims, and a bit more requests-for-wolves.

I'm still annoyed that the (legit?) medic has already revealed. This game has a murdering role that can bypass bodyguards. Medic is probably our most powerful role, not because it revives people, but because it can generate a proven town.

Edit: Goddammit.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Call me crazy, but I'd rather see a bit less requests-for-claims, and a bit more requests-for-wolves.

I'm still annoyed that the (legit?) medic has already revealed. This game has a murdering role that can bypass bodyguards. Medic is probably our most powerful role, not because it revives people, but because it can generate a proven town.

Edit: Goddammit.
It does bypass any bodyguard, but a 1 for 1 is a very poor trade at any stage of the game for the wolf team. Especially since it cannot influence the outcome of the lynch. The only time I could see it being useful would be if the suicide bomber was being lynched.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Just as a note, day end will be two hours later than the listed time tonight. That means the next day will be 22 hours.

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
Skill level is zero leth. Considering my last two attempts at similar games (@Pyure you last role claim was two games ago. My first) as for the rjs reads? I have yet to be a wolf. Small sample size but still. And to be honest? My reasons were "I have no clue at this early stage and he posted shortly before me"

Reactions: Pyure