[Game Thread] Fallen Angels 3 Werewolf

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Pyure was lynched! He was a farmer!

MrMonsterGuy18 was killed! He was a Trader!

The Fallen Angels win!

GamerwithnoGame and fowltief.

GM sheet here.

I'm gonna hold off until next Wednesday to run another game (signups probably Tuesday) since I'll be traveling. It might be this game again might not.

I'm also super excited to see how much better everyone has been at activity and discussion.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
What a difference a day or two makes... I look around at the panicked townsfolk, what's left of them, and a sense of dismay and anxiety begins to fill me.

"That's quite enough of that"

The deeper voice that is the greater part of me says in my head, gently but firmly pushing aside the part of me that's just human enough to allow me to blend in.

My eyes close, as I sigh. When they reopen, they do so accompanied a second later by another pair, spiritual in nature, just above them. Light pours from these, harsh, white, and baleful.

Humans underestimate light. They think of it as a source of warmth, life. They forget that it can be a force of destruction, and entropy. That same blinding, destructive light that filled the universe at the dawn of creation, pours from my other eyes, accompanied by the blinding hatred of The Fallen.

The Morningstar promised us vengeance for our banishment. And oh... it has been sweet. Keeping our mortal shells intact long enough to wreak destruction on these towns can be tricky. But now our work is done.

You're all sinners, and sooner or later, you're going to burn - one way or the other.

Say hello from us, when you see Him.

MrMonsterGuy18

Oct 3, 2016
The Grave
What a difference a day or two makes... I look around at the panicked townsfolk, what's left of them, and a sense of dismay and anxiety begins to fill me.

"That's quite enough of that"

The deeper voice that is the greater part of me says in my head, gently but firmly pushing aside the part of me that's just human enough to allow me to blend in.

My eyes close, as I sigh. When they reopen, they do so accompanied a second later by another pair, spiritual in nature, just above them. Light pours from these, harsh, white, and baleful.

Humans underestimate light. They think of it as a source of warmth, life. They forget that it can be a force of destruction, and entropy. That same blinding, destructive light that filled the universe at the dawn of creation, pours from my other eyes, accompanied by the blinding hatred of The Fallen.

The Morningstar promised us vengeance for our banishment. And oh... it has been sweet. Keeping our mortal shells intact long enough to wreak destruction on these towns can be tricky. But now our work is done.

You're all sinners, and sooner or later, you're going to burn - one way or the other.

Say hello from us, when you see Him.

Is it bad that your comment made me want to get The Binding of Isaac Afterbirth just to kill Mega Satan and say "I tried to say hello, BUT I ended up shooting tears and killing him. Sorry."

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
"Monster is coming to get you for the job that you deserve."
I thought the guy was dead.
391fbf074993c54646497abcfa429fa8.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI G750-U10 using Tapatalk

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I hope that bit of RP was OK, and fitting with the theme! And no, its not bad @MrMonsterGuy18 :D

I felt terrible for not replying to your further messages Robijn, but you see why now! It was in character for the townie I was pretending to be. Likewise for Pyure, I felt genuinely a bit guilty implying dishonestly on his part, when I knew full well what the truth was! This is why I could never play in person - I have a terrible literal poker face.

I don't know about you guys, but I was super tense - especially towards the end!!! I really enjoyed it though; as I said to Erin and Fowl, I've really had a blast!

Reactions: fowltief

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Pyure made such a solid case, @the_j485 why did you not believe him?

And @triggerfinger12 where were you?
I'm a bit worried about Trig actually - he hasn't been on since Monday, which is not like him at all! :/

EDIT:
Crap I meant to log on last night and move some votes.

Great game guys, best in a long while :)
Woo! :) I was going to say to @erindalc as well, that I was so worried about messing up the game because it was my first time playing, I'm glad I didn't ruin it!

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I actually really like it when new players get to be wolves first game. I feel it gives them the best perspective on the game, and I suspect it encourages better player retention :)

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I actually really like it when new players get to be wolves first game. I feel it gives them the best perspective on the game, and I suspect it encourages better player retention :)
Quite possibly! Certainly for my part, it was very exciting - I'll definitely take part in another game! I was thinking I'd skip the next and do the one after, but I'm wondering now...! It was a bit of a baptism of fire, and being thrown in the deep end (which would probably be helpful after a fiery baptism to be fair), but I think you're right - it meant I had to really try to get to know the game and its ins and outs. It definitely sparked my more creative side when it came to the RP stuff, which was really nice because I very rarely exercise that much these days. Honest question: did I do OK?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Honest question: did I do OK?
Of course.

I sometimes play with notes that I use to track people's thoughts and relationships and whatnot. I didn't bother this game (the game's are too small) but I suspect your activities would have been neutral at worst.

Partly you benefited from fowltief covering you. Its not a mistake that my second lynch was gonna be monster instead of you.

fowltief

Jul 29, 2019
Woo! :) I was going to say to @erindalc as well, that I was so worried about messing up the game because it was my first time playing, I'm glad I didn't ruin it!

You played your part well. Best partner I've had. Yes it did feel dishonest but at the same time quite a rush... was waiting to get to work to respond.

When Robi started claiming on day 1 I got suspicious of him trying to "end it early", it made no sense. But I couldn't see a down side either so i told gamer to claim farmer and I would risk claim trader since there is a possibility of more then 2... worried he was collecting claims and calling out the black Smith I decided to focus on taking robi out. It's similar to what I did a few games ago but didn't claim on day 1.

As everyone started turning on him and he revealed to me and gamer that we were the only people that claimed surprised me.
Based off how pyure was leading the charge I decided to attack rjs instead. We were originally planning to use the judicial kill but I told gamer to hold off.
I wasn't expecting RJS to use his ability to protect himself on day one.

Villager activity helped out allot( seriously, say something) we just had to seem to be more active then others while trying not to give anything away(i re-read everything like 3 times to make sure re-wrote twice). RJS knew he was saved. So we had to make sure he died before he had more time to figure it out.(RJS, your my favorite person here, I like the way you analyze and role-play, but you scare me way more then pyure ever can!)

by day 3 i was enjoying seeing pyure trying hard. my uh oh light came on when he started claiming and "Doing math" So i started doing math on my own.. my problem was i couldn't figure out who the other trader was... if it was pyure, and i claimed it.. it owuld give me away... if it wasn't pyure and there was were trades it owuld help single someone might be lying... if there were multiple farmers i thought that might be better.

i'm still confused if robi did tell pyure about the claim list as well or if he was bluffing.. pyure worded his post intetionally well. if i didn't respond the way he wanted i'd be discovered. i was being pulled away from my comptuer to work on something in RL and didn't want to take long to respond cause that would seem suspicious as well.
So i claimed farmer and that i didn't tell anyone else. (if i did it the other way i wonder if we would of gotten 100% not detected))

Pyure spelled everything out in chat and i thought i was boned... gamer was safe =)

When J posted asking for a response i noticed i had a chance to convince him. ( i asked gamer for an idea cause i was too busy panicing and doing stuff at work to think properly.. he said tell the truth.. so i did :) I can't normally talk my way out of a paperbag.

i'm curious if he was convinced and his love/hate for pyure was a deciding factor or if he just didn't come back and check in.

Either way.. now i'm goona have to figure out have to change up my diction and text... pyure is goona watch me closer now and it will tougher to convince myself as a villager. i have better notes now on what to do and no do as a wolf. Also still trying to get off the high from checking my phone every second of the day....

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Of course.

I sometimes play with notes that I use to track people's thoughts and relationships and whatnot. I didn't bother this game (the game's are too small) but I suspect your activities would have been neutral at worst.

Partly you benefited from fowltief covering you. Its not a mistake that my second lynch was gonna be monster instead of you.
Awesome! :) The neutral stance was very much intentional! As was fowltief covering me - he and I had a very active Angel convo going on behind the scenes, there was definitely some... coordination going on, shall we say ;)

fowltief

Jul 29, 2019
Of course.

Wolf chat was mostly me analyzing every move and explaining to him and telling him what to do.. and talking to erin about rules. i'm still wondering if i hadn't changed my orginal claim if we would of gotten it 100% scott free.. I intentionally avoided picking the same target he did. I wanted to make sure if anything did go wrong one of was safe.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Wolf chat was mostly me analyzing every move and explaining to him and telling him what to do.. and talking to erin about rules. i'm still wondering if i hadn't changed my orginal claim if we would of gotten it 100% scott free.. I intentionally avoided picking the same target he did. I wanted to make sure if anything did go wrong one of was safe.
Yep - absolutely, Fowl was fantastic in giving me advice, we had a lot of very productive back and forth - I'm glad to have had him as a partner as well! I think we worked well together. Yeah, I think both of us talked to Erin quite a bit about rules clarification, and I took a leaf from 'tief's book and read and reread what I and others wrote to get it right. I like to think I provided a bit of useful advice back too - and started to trust my own instincts as to which way to go at the end.

I'm with you about the high too though - I have a confession: I actually set my alarm to wake me up just before 4am, to make sure I could check out the situation and change my vote if needs be. I didn't need to but I wanted to be sure. That was also when I wrote my RP bit for the end - apparently early mornings are good for my creativity!

Also @Pyure: you know my comment about mixing 2 parts truth to 1 part lie? That was as much about me as you - I knew it as I wrote it :D

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
by day 3 i was enjoying seeing pyure trying hard. my uh oh light came on when he started claiming and "Doing math" So i started doing math on my own.. my problem was i couldn't figure out who the other trader was... if it was pyure, and i claimed it.. it owuld give me away... if it wasn't pyure and there was were trades it owuld help single someone might be lying... if there were multiple farmers i thought that might be better.
Now now, "hard" is a bit of a stretch. I never really looked at the roles, and I still have no idea what a Trader does, or what "trades" are :p

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
i re-read the role sheet several times during any game...I didn't even use my own power because of it.
You know, I was wondering about that! I didn't realise until after the game finished that you were a Penance Angel - I thought you were just a regular Fallen!