[Game Thread] Fallen Angels 3 Werewolf

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I also like the way that you used the last few hours to try to completely run me into the ground after I explicitly told you that I'd be gone for about three hours.
Not deliberate. Also, you can't really fault me for responding immediately to your own activities.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
This is me just being genuinely curious, I'm not digging: Can you clarify this? Is there some reason to believe he has a bank of role claims? Afaik he simply (jokingly) suggested everyone send him one (for no reason)
Indeed.

I have no reason to believe that he has a bank of role claims. The existence of the role-claims is actually irrelevant. What Robijn is doing is making himself out to be a danger to the angels. He's claimed to have received role-claims, and he's asked for blacksmith protection. That sends, both overtly and covertly, a message of "I am an asset to the town. I am a threat to the angels." As a town, all that earns you is a swift death or, if you're lucky, a blacksmith that believes you and saves you. Him saying that doesn't even help the town, as it gives us no information that we can use. So, if Robijn is a legitimate town, regardless of whether he has any role claims or not, he's played today uncharacteristically poorly.

However, if he is an angel, and therefore knows that he will not be killed by the angels, then his message "(see above)" comes across as a very safe play. He positions himself to seem like a bad choice to be lynched, and can draw protection away from legitimate town players leaving the angels free to do as they will. Therefore it is more likely in my opinion that Robijn is doing the latter, and is an angel seeking to firm up a position.

You were correct about that. I did not have the time to send out those messages before I had to leave. I just did, however, do so.

I also like the way that you used the last few hours to try to completely run me into the ground after I explicitly told you that I'd be gone for about three hours. I really wonder where this aggression comes from.
I doubt that you are a wolf, because after I inevitably flip town, you're going to have to work miracles to clear yourself of suspicion. As a wolf, you would know that I am town and you would not take that risk. At least, not the Pyure I think I know.

@RJS you are exaggerating. I have a few role-claims and they are not that valuable yet, as I can not validate them and they will probably never be that valuable if they are honest claims.
As a rather non-significant townie, I am not all that worried about getting lynched or night-killed really. It would be cool to survive D1, though.
Now this row-back is interesting. Firstly, it doesn't matter whether you can validate them now - nobody could validate a role claim on D1. The power of role claims comes as people start to die and the possibilities thin out. To expose yourself as a potential target on D1 as a townie is so obviously a poor tactical choice that I find it hard to believe you're town.

The fact that you're now trying to downplay everything tells me that you're now 90% sure you aren't being protected, or you've realised what a horrible idea it was to try this gambit as a wolf.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
I just realized you didn't tradition-vote me today.
Hey, he's finally realised it's my thing
lol :p

Let me try to place you into a bit of a corner here so I know you've committed. Do you feel that my claims demonstrate absolutely no evidence worthy of a D1 vote on Robijn?

In other words: you voted me at 0/100 evidence. Are you saying that, after my points, Robijn is also 0/100? Or are you perhaps suggesting that you voted me at something higher than zero?
Hadn't thought of it that way. While I can't do anything that'll not make me look like an Angel caught with his trousers down... Vote Rob.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Now this row-back is interesting. Firstly, it doesn't matter whether you can validate them now - nobody could validate a role claim on D1. The power of role claims comes as people start to die and the possibilities thin out. To expose yourself as a potential target on D1 as a townie is so obviously a poor tactical choice that I find it hard to believe you're town.
+1. I have to consider that you're bussing a doomed team-mate, but whatever, its solid.

016Nojr

Dec 11, 2013
Norway
He's claiming that you're setting up tomorrow's sacrificial goat. E.G you're making it easy to tell everyone to lynch me tomorrow. Which is a valid observation btw if he flips town.
That's what I did, but I was interested to see if it had something to do with him just deciding to vote me. Not that it matters at this point, just would like to know.

On a different note, it's 6 hours left of the day right?

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Not deliberate. Also, you can't really fault me for responding immediately to your own activities.
Fair enough.

The fact that you're now trying to downplay everything tells me that you're now 90% sure you aren't being protected, or you've realised what a horrible idea it was to try this gambit as a wolf.
I am actually about 90% sure that I am going to get lynched. Whether I get protected or not, doesn't make a difference.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Robijnvogel was lynched! He was a Trader!

triggerfinger12 lost his grace smite!

Day 2 has begun! You may post!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
lol first thing I checked this morning was for a new "dead convo". I have too many recent dead convos.

Well... Pyure, I think you got some explanation to do vote Pyure
Why? Because I was aggressive? This was Robijn's screwup. its impossible to act that wolfy and NOT get lynched.

I was aggressive and tried to get someone lynched. I didn't try to set up anybody for the next day's lynch. Some other people were happy to prop up that vote and set up other people to look suspicious the next day.

I think you have some explaining to do.

Reactions: Robijnvogel

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Guys, just so its clear: I'm a bit suspicious of Nojr here, but I'm not going to jump the gun and start lynching every person who speaks up about the person the day before, while the wolves piss themselves laughing.
Its also 100% in Nojr's range to simply lynch the person who leads the previous day's mislynch.

My top wolves, for what its worth, are some combination of Nojr, Monster (quietude coupled with no wolf kill, eagerness to jump on my mislynch), and maybe fowltief.

I don't have much in the ways of top town. I like the_J because his resistance to the mislynch felt more or less legitimate.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
As soon as I open my eyes, I feel the frisson of tension in the air. The atmosphere is charged.

Whether its the tense voices I can hear through my hotel door, or the look of those I can see as I glance out of my window, crossing the street that bit faster, I realise one thing: something has happened.

Leaving the hotel to walk the streets, my morning ritual, almost everyone seems to be avoiding each others' eyes, and my thoughts begin to spiral, wondering what the heck is going on. So I receive a jolt that snaps me out of my reverie, when I meet the eyes of Pyure.

The initial fear that had gripped me diminishes slightly; seeing the_j485 pass by without giving him a second glance ratchets the tension down further (albeit not without a twinge of guilt). Maybe I had just imagined it? Maybe I still was! But then...

I see his eyes flicker to the house across the road. A body, covered in a sheet, being loaded into an ambulance. I wonder for a moment if that feeling from the passersby isn't just fear, but tainted with a hint of guilt...?

What happened last night?

I hate small towns.

016Nojr

Dec 11, 2013
Norway
Guys, just so its clear: I'm a bit suspicious of Nojr here, but I'm not going to jump the gun and start lynching every person who speaks up about the person the day before, while the wolves piss themselves laughing.
Its also 100% in Nojr's range to simply lynch the person who leads the previous day's mislynch.

My top wolves, for what its worth, are some combination of Nojr, Monster (quietude coupled with no wolf kill, eagerness to jump on my mislynch), and maybe fowltief.

I don't have much in the ways of top town. I like the_J because his resistance to the mislynch felt more or less legitimate.
I can see what you are talking about, but I actually got the thought of RJS after a post he made yesterday, on phone atm so quote of that post will come after this post

016Nojr

Dec 11, 2013
Norway
Alright, here's my $0.02,

I'm really not convinced by Robijn and I'm tempted to follow with Pyure. Robijn is an experienced player and he just painted twenty kinds of target over his ass with the comments he has made. As a townie with a bank of role-claims, I'd be keeping my head down, not going "I have lots of role-claims plz save me kthnx". As a wolf/angel/whatever however there is no need to fear talking so openly, because you know the angels/wolves/anthropomorphic toothpicks aren't coming to get you in the night. So yeah. For those reasons, I'mma have to agree with Pyure's analysis of "Shady AF."

In other, less immediate news, I'm townleaning Pyure and fowl. I was kind of expecting angels to use my undefended double vote on Pyure as an excuse to doggypile me (that wording sounds so much less cool with angels), and the fact that neither of them did gives me a slight townread. Other posters posted after Pyure went down his hunt on Robijn.
There is something about this that just sounds odd... it's not normal for RJS to be this quiet aswell. What do you think about it @Pyure?

fowltief

Jul 29, 2019
There is something about this that just sounds odd... it's not normal for RJS to be this quiet aswell. What do you think about it @Pyure?
i found that suspicious as well but it's not like him either when he was a wolf.. could just be busy.

i've been re-reading every thing this morning and i'm not sure which direction to go.

Last edited: