[Game Thread] Fallen Angels 3 Werewolf

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
It was supposed to be ridiculous, but a few people actually reacted to it...
As such, I'd like to call out to the Black Smith to protect me tonight.
I want everyone to take a long look at this statement, and then go back through the posts.

This is a strong wolf tell. I'm sorry if I'm wrong, but in my experience, this is what happens when a wolf wants to stay engaged in conversation but was a bit too lazy to stay on top of what's actually been said.

Robijn engages me by responding positively to my post. But he lies. Nobody comments on his request in any kind of way or form. He's phrasing this the way a wolf needs to phrase things in order to keep people looking suspiciously at each other.

He then tries to use his comment as an opportunity to secure a positive buff from another player. To my eyes, there's only two real possibilities here:
1) He's the blacksmith, and he's trying to protect his power role by excluding himself from the shortlist of players who have it.
2) He's a wolf, amusing himself by getting protected and instigating a bit of distrust in the town.

I really, really like that second theory better. So I'm voting Robijn. I hope people either join me or toss up some really damn good arguments why someone else is a better choice.

Reactions: 016Nojr

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
To protect them, I think I'll only tell them about that.
He then makes this totally vague statement. I'm betting nobody was "told" anything.

He also then sent me a PM suggesting I get blacksmith protect for myself, thus suggesting he's realized he messed up and he's trying to clean that up by "looking out" for me. Which makes no sense since a) I'm not in specific danger of angel/power attacks, and b) I'm already leading in lynch votes.

Rob's a scummy angel wolf.

MrMonsterGuy18

Oct 3, 2016
The Grave
I want everyone to take a long look at this statement, and then go back through the posts.

This is a strong wolf tell. I'm sorry if I'm wrong, but in my experience, this is what happens when a wolf wants to stay engaged in conversation but was a bit too lazy to stay on top of what's actually been said.

Robijn engages me by responding positively to my post. But he lies. Nobody comments on his request in any kind of way or form. He's phrasing this the way a wolf needs to phrase things in order to keep people looking suspiciously at each other.

He then tries to use his comment as an opportunity to secure a positive buff from another player. To my eyes, there's only two real possibilities here:
1) He's the blacksmith, and he's trying to protect his power role by excluding himself from the shortlist of players who have it.
2) He's a wolf, amusing himself by getting protected and instigating a bit of distrust in the town.

I really, really like that second theory better. So I'm voting Robijn. I hope people either join me or toss up some really damn good arguments why someone else is a better choice.

I agree with Pyure,vote Robijn

Robijn wanted people to role claim to him. This will draw lots of attention to him. If he isn't an angel, then the angels will strike him down to keep us disorganized. If he is an angel, he can find out who is a threat for the others angels.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Robijn wanted people to role claim to him. This will draw lots of attention to him. If he isn't an angel, then the angels will strike him down to keep us disorganized. If he is an angel, he can find out who is a threat for the others angels.
fwiw: I don't think he really expected anyone to role claim to him :p

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
It's hard being new in town. Harder still when it's a small town, and everyone looks at you, just that bit longer. The moments hesitation before they give their cheerful morning greetings.

But that one guy... his stare goes past curious, to intense. Gives me the creeps. I'm just glad he's not staring at ME that way. But that poor man he's staring at...

...I walk over to the town hall, concern quickens my steps, and I vote the_j485.
ಠ_ಠ

Looking through the votes, the_J has a vote on me. Seems innocuous although I'd be curious how often he appends "of course", which could just be excusing himself.
It's just because I always do it, of course.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
@the_j485, since you're around, could I ask you to commit to an opinion on my thoughts regarding Robijn?

I'm not necessarily expecting you to switch votes (although I'd appreciate it), but I'd like to hear whether you get a wolf or a town feel on Robijn at this time.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
@RJS, your own style is more methodical than, well, everyone except maybe me (and maybe Robijn). I'd like to hear you commit to an opinion of my points on Robijn. And I really do have an expectation that you'll switch votes one way or another.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
@the_j485, since you're around, could I ask you to commit to an opinion on my thoughts regarding Robijn?

I'm not necessarily expecting you to switch votes (although I'd appreciate it), but I'd like to hear whether you get a wolf or a town feel on Robijn at this time.
While I don't think you've made any glaring leaps, your analysis does feel a bit, you know...
ce56d86e44f653b88497867e6383dfaa.jpg

Though that is hyperbole, I do think it seems like not enough to go on for the first day alone.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
While I don't think you've made any glaring leaps, your analysis does feel a bit, you know...

Though that is hyperbole, I do think it seems like not enough to go on for the first day alone.
lol :p

Let me try to place you into a bit of a corner here so I know you've committed. Do you feel that my claims demonstrate absolutely no evidence worthy of a D1 vote on Robijn?

In other words: you voted me at 0/100 evidence. Are you saying that, after my points, Robijn is also 0/100? Or are you perhaps suggesting that you voted me at something higher than zero?

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
@RJS, your own style is more methodical than, well, everyone except maybe me (and maybe Robijn). I'd like to hear you commit to an opinion of my points on Robijn. And I really do have an expectation that you'll switch votes one way or another.
Alright, here's my $0.02,

I'm really not convinced by Robijn and I'm tempted to follow with Pyure. Robijn is an experienced player and he just painted twenty kinds of target over his ass with the comments he has made. As a townie with a bank of role-claims, I'd be keeping my head down, not going "I have lots of role-claims plz save me kthnx". As a wolf/angel/whatever however there is no need to fear talking so openly, because you know the angels/wolves/anthropomorphic toothpicks aren't coming to get you in the night. So yeah. For those reasons, I'mma have to agree with Pyure's analysis of "Shady AF."

In other, less immediate news, I'm townleaning Pyure and fowl. I was kind of expecting angels to use my undefended double vote on Pyure as an excuse to doggypile me (that wording sounds so much less cool with angels), and the fact that neither of them did gives me a slight townread. Other posters posted after Pyure went down his hunt on Robijn.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
As a townie with a bank of role-claims, I'd be keeping my head down, not going "I have lots of role-claims plz save me kthnx".
This is me just being genuinely curious, I'm not digging: Can you clarify this? Is there some reason to believe he has a bank of role claims? Afaik he simply (jokingly) suggested everyone send him one (for no reason)

016Nojr

Dec 11, 2013
Norway
I just realized you didn't tradition-vote me today. Thank you, you've leveled up :)

Is fowltief still your most suspicious person today?
I havent "tradition-voted" you in any of Erin's games after the break I would let you know.

Just to follow up on Robijn's message right after that vote, I wasnt sure about the colouring but the vote itself was bolded, but I wont argue with it being an invalid vote because it doesnt look bold by any means, but I wont vote Fowl anyway \o/

Since Pyure is the only one really "playing" and digging through comments/posts I will go with him and vote Robijn, if Robijn flips town I know who I will vote tomorrow.... *cough* Pyure

Reactions: Pyure

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
I'm betting nobody was "told" anything.

You were correct about that. I did not have the time to send out those messages before I had to leave. I just did, however, do so.

I also like the way that you used the last few hours to try to completely run me into the ground after I explicitly told you that I'd be gone for about three hours. I really wonder where this aggression comes from.
I doubt that you are a wolf, because after I inevitably flip town, you're going to have to work miracles to clear yourself of suspicion. As a wolf, you would know that I am town and you would not take that risk. At least, not the Pyure I think I know.

@RJS you are exaggerating. I have a few role-claims and they are not that valuable yet, as I can not validate them and they will probably never be that valuable if they are honest claims.
As a rather non-significant townie, I am not all that worried about getting lynched or night-killed really. It would be cool to survive D1, though.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I doubt that you are a wolf, because after I inevitably flip town, you're going to have to work miracles to clear yourself of suspicion.
I have no patience for anyone who votes me just because I'm the only person being aggressive.
When I have time to play "properly", I enjoy driving a hard conversation, analyzing posts, and conducting a strong wolf hunt. Any I absolutely love it when I successfully execute a N1 wolf lynch. Which I believe I'm doing.