[Game Thread]ElectionWolf!

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I shall Vote Vikestep this day, because Robijn sure as heck looks like town to me, and Shazam is indeed a likely non-wolf, both due to his neutral claim and because erindalc protected him on the day the wolfkill didn't happen. At any rate, if this game hasn't ended by tomorrow, Shazam's claim will be confirmed.

At present, Robijn and I have two votes each, while Vike has three (and if Shazam is telling the truth, he has effectively none). If robijn and I both vote for Vike, that'll leave him with 5 votes, while neither of us have more than 3. If he is, in fact, the wolf, he'll kill whoever he doesn't vote for, so tomorrow there will be one Shazam with one vote (if he's telling the truth), one Vikestep with five votes (if he is madman or has the children ability and doesn't die), and one Democrat with three votes. Even if Shazam and Vike work together, they won't be able to push the Democrat up to six votes (barring vote-manipulating powers), so Vike would still get lynched and would die before the wolfkill if he doesn't have both Madman AND the children ability.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I shall Vote Vikestep this day, because Robijn sure as heck looks like town to me, and Shazam is indeed a likely non-wolf, both due to his neutral claim and because erindalc protected him on the day the wolfkill didn't happen. At any rate, if this game hasn't ended by tomorrow, Shazam's claim will be confirmed.

At present, Robijn and I have two votes each, while Vike has three (and if Shazam is telling the truth, he has effectively none). If robijn and I both vote for Vike, that'll leave him with 5 votes, while neither of us have more than 3. If he is, in fact, the wolf, he'll kill whoever he doesn't vote for, so tomorrow there will be one Shazam with one vote (if he's telling the truth), one Vikestep with five votes (if he is madman or has the children ability and doesn't die), and one Democrat with three votes. Even if Shazam and Vike work together, they won't be able to push the Democrat up to six votes (barring vote-manipulating powers), so Vike would still get lynched and would die before the wolfkill if he doesn't have both Madman AND the children ability.
oooooOOOOooo all of the above, AND the damning evidence where I said that Vike was on my team. Don't forget that part.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Claiming SJW is the perfect way to say: "Don't vote for me, anyone, because I am not against you." Even if you're not the SJW, this would benefit you.
All true points. Unlike a fake SJW, though, I can back it up- I can 100% guarantee that my ballot tomorrow will be the same as my ballot today, no matter what happens in between.

I know I can't prove this, too, but I legit missed fowl announcing the neutral roles. He put it in black. :p

fowltief

Jul 29, 2019
I know I can't prove this, too, but I legit missed fowl announcing the neutral roles. He put it in black. :p
1) i swear i made sure it was set to none this time

2) you evil bastard.. i definitely would of missed it of robi didn't point it out.

Reactions: Shazam08

fowltief

Jul 29, 2019
There is some confusion on the SJW's power And it is my fault for not wording it properly so I'll allow either one to happen.

1) original Intent: Player can choose to prevent their vote from carrying forward that day
day 1: person gets 2 vote
day 2: person gets 1 plus 2 voters from earlier
Person says reset
day 3: personal has original 2 votes and none of day 2 carry over

2)Current interpretation: Player can choose to reset their total votes to zero
day 1: person gets 2 vote
day 2: person gets 1 plus 2 voters from earlier
Person says reset
day 3: person has zero votes plus gains from that day

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
So... it's a night-power that only activates after the lynch?
I thought it would activate before the lynch.
In that case, Shazam (if he's the SJW) wouldn't be completely safe, however I don't think anyone, Democrat or republican alike, would have anything to gain from voting for him.

Good night!

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
It seems this game is lost. I am 100% not the wolf, I am going to try and understand what is happening and the implications of how fowltief said the game may not be over.

Reactions: Pyure

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
It seems this game is lost. I am 100% not the wolf, I am going to try and understand what is happening and the implications of how fowltief said the game may not be over.
Well, I'm not the wolf (says me, for whatever that's worth), and Robijn's done at least one seriously town-looking analysis post, and Shazam has a believable and soon-to-be-verified neutral claim... so what gives?

fowltief

Jul 29, 2019
Debate over tallying results!!

As people were counting down to election day,The debate reached a feverish pitch as people took to the internet to show support or disgust for the remaining candidates.several Social Justice groups flooded the website for candidate shazam and made their presence known changing peoples minds on how they should think of the candidate. His vote Tally was competely reset!

He was a SJW!

Not that it mattered as main media was focused on the battle between Vikestep and Someone Else. Thier reputation at this point in the race sturred fights between voters and thier speeches made little babies cry. However with time running short, an emergency meeting of the democraftc national committee was called to see who would be the one to represent their party in the primary election. After several hours trapped in a small, uncomfortable room with little a/c, Official party delegates trickled out of the room. in a bipartisian vote, It was decided that Vikestep will be dropped out the race!

He was a Politician!

It took the republican wolf party quite a while to dig up some dirt but they eventually released an old video of a young candidate Someone Else. An interview he made on FTB new network over 10 years ago calling people Gullible and stupid. it had a big effect on his voterbase and due to increased pressure from both parties he made a decision to stop racing.

He was also a Politician!

Even with 3rd party candidates like Shazam ,there wasn't enough support on the democraftic side and the republicans went on to win the presidency!

Congratulations President Robijnvogel!
He was the mad man!

Game over!

shazam had 3 and went to zero

Vikestep had 4
Someonelse had 4
Robi had 2

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Vike: SE37
Robin: SE37
SE37: Vikestep
Shazam: Shazam

SE37 has 2 + 2
Vikestep has 3 + 1
Shazam has 2 + 1 (minus hypothetical SJW powerz!)
Robin has 2 + 0

Does this loooOOOOooook right?

Reactions: fowltief

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
All Hail Glorious Leader-President-Czar Robijnvogel!

(PS: I'm assuming I win too, but I'll settle for Vice Czar)

Thanks Fowltief, well-run game. Interesting carry-over mechanic although I want to hear other opinions on that.

fowltief

Jul 29, 2019
My Thoughts:
1) this was interesting seeing it from the GM point of view.. I think i prefer player but i definitely would like to attempt to host again in the future. a few tiny things i have to work on /think about when doing it again. i think it went well for my first time.
2)there's obviously a few holes that i didn't see initially that i need to patch up in this set of rules. but if others want to run an election game. feel free.
3)resisting saying anything is hard when you can see it all. people asking questions doesn't help either.
4) i'm seriously considering a rule for everyone not to use their powers on pyure on d1... that's just totally unfair...o_O
4a) this game would be allot different if people did use thier powers later on!
5) random.org isn't random... i swear...https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/182tAmPsEMkTB-sDYtPtNBWoWBOQBaKLUcgNoA_zBNqo/edit#gid=0

Last edited:
Reactions: Shazam08

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Your spreadsheet is locked fowltief (I requested access!)

Also, at least some of those power-usages were nice/happy ones I think. Erindalc maybe? realKC is just a meanie though :p

fowltief

Jul 29, 2019
Your spreadsheet is locked fowltief (I requested access!)

Also, at least some of those power-usages were nice/happy ones I think. Erindalc maybe? realKC is just a meanie though :p

i unlocked it...

i'm thinking of switching the bodyguard to work both ways so if you died first he would die as well. there was one point i thought you were going to be lynched first and that would of force him to pick another target.

shazam mentioned when i past the sheet over him, the pastor doing similar and dying once his power was consumed. but i didn't want another death ability. I do think we should do more with him tho.

Robi got Think of the children plus mad man... he had the ability to survive 2 lynches... i'm reconsidering the mad man ability...lol

i wanted a unqie mechanic to be different from other games... i've been messing around with the template for a while and looking at previous games.... not sure how but it popped into my head and went with it...

i have an idea for another rediclous game already... it involves everyone including wolves getting a no peak and wolves getting double votes... but hmm... i think to think on it.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
i unlocked it...
Robi got Think of the children plus mad man... he had the ability to survive 2 lynches... i'm reconsidering the mad man ability...lol
The fact that there were only two werewolves in the game was totally offset by this. Madman alone is like being 1.5 wolves. When you add the Children bonus, it was more or less like we had three+ wolves on our team instead of two.

That said, I don't think anyone can argue that Robijn managed to both stay involved AND stay unsuspected. He had less votes than anyones for most of the game. A++ rating from me.