[GAME THREAD] Cardwolf, with your pal? Exedra

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Fraction2

Jul 29, 2019
Since you all seem to be jumping on me, this is precisely what happened.

Shazam and I talk at the beginning of every game. After Shazam told me that he was a Mason, I responded with "Hey, I'm a mason too!" after which, IN THE VERY SAME MESSAGE, I proceeded to tell him that I was obviously not a mason (I'm not in the mason convo, duh) and that was probably the fastest I've ever been caught in a lie. After this I also included my actual role. Still in the same message.

I haven't messaged anybody else, because this is my finals week and it has been rather difficult.

So seriously, I'm sorry for joking and trying to have fun, I guess I'll just go sit in a corner and cry now.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Think of the italian mafia. The boss is called godfather.
Thanks for that Tord :p

The reason the position has such a "nice" name is because these people were integrated into the communities. Drugs and booze and prostitution were huge parts of their revenue, but so were loans and gambling, things the community wanted. To a considerably extent, by being a protective fatherly member of the community the godfather could engender good will in the community around them and create layers of protection for themselves.

Obviously I thought Town Godfather was just a cute way of saying "He's a Mafia Godfather who looks Town"

Reactions: xTordX

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you fraction2, I believe you are telling the truth here.

Btw xtordx, a way you can prove to us you are on our side is to tell us why you took so long to tell us what role you rejected. It's not exactly a space mission to look at a convo. Unless the convo has lots of messages.

xTordX

Jul 29, 2019
-tapatalk
-i have tons of convos
-that day i had school photos. I didn't have any internet for a long time.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't even make these rules lmao I'm doing these clarifications on the fly. But yeah town godfather is a town aligned player who shows up as town to cops.