Game crash causes screen's Gamma to go 100?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Anhrak

Jul 29, 2019
I only have this since today... every time my game crashes (which seems unusually more common than normal.....), my screen's gamma goes all the way to 100%, making everything much lighter. Every time my game crashes I need to re-set this on my control panel, and is pissing me off by an extend.

What can I do to stop this?

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
I only have this since today... every time my game crashes (which seems unusually more common than normal.....), my screen's gamma goes all the way to 100%, making everything much lighter. Every time my game crashes I need to re-set this on my control panel, and is pissing me off by an extend.

What can I do to stop this?
Is your graphics card overheating? Or perhaps your monitor is malfunctioning.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Anhrak

Jul 29, 2019
I've found the problem already. There was a different game that had some left-over settings, including brightness 110%, which caused that setting to apply to my whole system instead of just the game (even when closed, it happens when the game doesn't fully close.). I've fixed the problem now :).

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
See this is how tech support should be. You present a problem and if you find a solution, you tell it to others as well instead of just saying "fixed it!". Good job, Anhrak.

Support etiquette, super simple stuff

Reactions: Anhrak

Anhrak

Jul 29, 2019
See this is how tech support should be. You present a problem and if you find a solution, you tell it to others as well instead of just saying "fixed it!". Good job, Anhrak.

Support etiquette, super simple stuff

Thank you for your compliment :)