Game Crash after plicking world

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

TheNamelessPoet

Jul 29, 2019
Title Game Crash after picking world

Launcher Type Curse App

Modpack Sky Factory 2.5

Modpack version 2.5.4

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file http://pastebin.com/vKg3swrp

Details of the issue So my world has been running for 2 days as my farms grew a ton of stuff and I worked for a good 10 hours in it building automation stuff, and finally got my 1000 x 1000 ender quarry going in the Deep Dark. I saved the world and copied the folder to back it up in another folder on my computer (because I have lost to many worlds lately to crap.

Curse then advised me there wa an update to itself. So I did it...

Now I cant get back into my world. It gets to the part where you pick your world, then I click it and BAAAAAM a few seconds later it crashes.

Last edited:

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Block at (-171,152,218) coordinates is borken.

First of all, take a backup of your world. Then, go into config folder, find "forge.cfg", open it, and set "B:removeErroringEntities=false" and "B:removeErroringTileEntities=false" to true.

Launch your world and see if it works. If it does and everything looks relatively normal (the erroring block hopefully has been gotten rid of), go back to the configs and change the 2 things to false again.

If everything is bonkers or it still doesn't work, load your backup (with the flags set to "false") and use an external program like MCEdit to delete the block at the coordinates.

TheNamelessPoet

Jul 29, 2019
Block at (-171,152,218) coordinates is borken.

First of all, take a backup of your world. Then, go into config folder, find "forge.cfg", open it, and set "B:removeErroringEntities=false" and "B:removeErroringTileEntities=false" to true.

Launch your world and see if it works. If it does and everything looks relatively normal (the erroring block hopefully has been gotten rid of), go back to the configs and change the 2 things to false again.

If everything is bonkers or it still doesn't work, load your backup (with the flags set to "false") and use an external program like MCEdit to delete the block at the coordinates.
Tried setting to false and nada :( It is in the deep dark tho. I have never used MCEdit. How do I get to the deep dark to edit it?

Extra info:
The block seems to be a Chicken Chunks Chunk- or Spotloader.
That block IS a chunk loader.
I tried just removing the mods for the chunk loader to remove it, then readd it, but it wouldt even load then.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Hmm... it says in the Crash Report that the erroring Chunk Loader is in the Overworld, if I'm not mistaken.

TheNamelessPoet

Jul 29, 2019
I deleted the only Chunk loader I could remember in the Overworld and still get this
http://pastebin.com/Hb7Hp0iV

I couldn't figure out how to get MCEdit 2.0 to work so I went to 1.5. I have no idea how to figure out where the coordinates are so I just went to the spot that my chunk loader was, and deleted the block I thought was it.

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
Using control+g in mcedit lets you teleport, maybe you can teleport to the position of the erroring block, and remove it.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Then go nuts in MCEdit and get rid of that block. If it still won't work, come back with a new log

TheNamelessPoet

Jul 29, 2019
Using control+g in mcedit lets you teleport, maybe you can teleport to the position of the erroring block, and remove it.

Then go nuts in MCEdit and get rid of that block. If it still won't work, come back with a new log
I went to those coordinates and nothing is there in my overworld. I really think its in the deep dark because those are coordinates that my ender quarry would be at.

Post 9 has the new pastbin

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
LIne 67 from your log has the block coordinates. Use the goto function in MCEdit to jump directly to that location. Then highlight the block and delete it.

1. -- Requested block coordinates --
  2. Details:
  3. Found chunk: true
  4. Location: World: (-171,152,218), Chunk: (at 5,9,10 in -11,13; contains blocks -176,0,208 to -161,255,223), Region: (-1,0; contains chunks -32,0 to -1,31, blocks -512,0,0 to -1,255,511)

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
However, he needs to load the deep dark in MCEdit, since he already deleted the block at those coords in the Overworld, and that didn't help.

Now how should he do that?

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Easy solution: REgen the whole Deep dark by deleting its dimension folder in your world folder and cheat yourself back whatever you lost.

Like always, backups first before deleting anything.

TheNamelessPoet

Jul 29, 2019
Easy solution: REgen the whole Deep dark by deleting its dimension folder in your world folder and cheat yourself back whatever you lost.

Like always, backups first before deleting anything.

Damn, now I have to have my turtles dig 1,000 in 4 directions again.

Ah well, bets starting the world over again lol

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
in your worldsave you have a few different subfolders
DIM1 contains the End (dimension id 1)
DIM-1 contains the Nether (dimension id -1)
Look up in your Extra Utilities config what the dimension id of the Deep Dark dimension is and then find and delete the folder named:
DIM<dimension id you just found>

I think I remember it being DIM-100, but you can never be too sure.