Game Changer or No?

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
The only advantage this really adds is the ability to create a new mod project easily.

There's no reason why this couldn't be done for Eclipse as well. I'm honestly surprised that it hasn't been by now. I guess most authors don't start enough new projects to need it.
*ahems*

gradlew setupDevWorkspace

I'll admit that the newer versions of Eclipse does implement libraries badly, though.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

FyberOptic

Jul 29, 2019
gradlew setupDevWorkspace

No I mean easy easy. No manually creating folders, no unzipping archives, no running commands, no editing build files and mcmod.info. Just a new project type in Eclipse's GUI. That would be handy for quick prototyping. I'm forever starting a new one, like just yesterday to patch the max view distance on the server. The code was simple, but most of the hassle was setting it up.

Reactions: ljfa

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
For folks like me that Eclipse, NetBeans, and IntelliJ just don't seem to like, this is a Very Good Thing (TM). Yup, I'm biased as hell toward Visual Studio and, no, I'll never bother to hide it.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I've done lots of C++ coding in the past on MSVS, it's just been a while. Need to read up on changes and whatnot.

I should update that cool Asteroids clone I did ages ago, though.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
No I mean easy easy. No manually creating folders, no unzipping archives, no running commands, no editing build files and mcmod.info. Just a new project type in Eclipse's GUI. That would be handy for quick prototyping. I'm forever starting a new one, like just yesterday to patch the max view distance on the server. The code was simple, but most of the hassle was setting it up.
I should probably post this here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/mcdt-minecraft-forge-plugin-for-eclipse.85139